-Studio Project: PANDA Results-

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
SpPANDA
Org Profile

-Studio Project: PANDA Results-

Post by SpPANDA » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:20 am

The contest was as successful as i had thought it was going to be. I recieved approximately 115 videos for the contest. I would have liked more from other studios, but you can't get everyone you want to enter i guess. in any case, i gathered up a panel of 6 judges and rated the videos individually. The finalists were chosen, and with that, the winning videos of the category.

==============================================

-Action-
there were just a bit less action videos than drama. and it was alot more difficult coming to a decision. but all in all, the final video that make it was:

Kaston Griffin's | Chemical's Displaced

-Drama-
drama was by far the most competitive of the 5 categories. There were alot of nicely done videos. but the one that stood out to the judges was:

Kamran Ahmadi's | Enigma

-Comedy-
comedy wasn't as comedic as i had hoped it to be. i chuckled. i giggled, but i didn't out right laugh at much of the content. i guess there are less comedy videos out there than there used to be. [shrugs] the winner we came to claim was:

Alan Clontz' | The Fanservice Video: Bouncing Back For More

-Dance-
Dance had a bunch of wonderfully edited videos. alot of which suprised the hell of me. In the end, the one that happened to stand out above the rest was:

Joseph Aguila's | Dancing Stars - Feel The Rhythm

-Parody-
I found parody to be more comical than the comedy section this time around. [laughs] there were alot of very good parody videos:

David Chan's | Eva-Man

there were so many really good videos it made it hard to choose in the long run.

the prizes (as promised) will be mailed out friday. hopefully. if not then, i'll try my hardest to get them to you all asap. i'll be emailing you in the near future (tomorrow) regaurding shipping info. congradulations on your wins.

another video i thought needed to be noticed was
Dorian B's | Disillusions
nicely edited. needed some recognition.

BEST OVERALL VIDEO!

i didn't think it was too fair for myself to vote for the overall video myself. or to even have it be judged.

what i'm going to do, however...

tomorrow i'm going to directly link from my site the contest winners and i'll have a poll going that'll allow YOU (the viewers) to decide who you think should win.
it's teh only FAIR thing to do i thought. i'll let that go for a week tops and we'll get the winner of that. and the winner will recieve his/her trophy.

how exciting. [giddy]

can i even BE giddy....? no.... maybe?

anywho...

i had fun throwing the contest. i had fun watching all the videos, and judging. and i also enjoyed the late night witty humor you get form lack of sleep. that was nice too.

hats off to those of you who also throw contests. i now officially know how busy you all get.

thank you all for your patience.
it means alot to me.

and next time around i'll try to get an ftp up so i can get alot more videos.
^_^\
i think that was the biggest problem. finding a way to get them to me.

take care, and im looking forward to another contest in the future.

~Daniel Araujo | Studio Project: PANDA[/url]

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:35 am

yay...=D...I won drama :D .......Congratulations to all the winners.....And for those who submitted videos into the contest, I would like to thank you for actually making this contest successful...=D...This will possibly drive daniel to more contests in the future...=P....Although it is a shame that he couldn't get an ftp for the videos....But Daniel...You should of asked me...I can set up my server for ftp access and get uploads.....I could of set up an account for your contest....well...next one then....

But I must say...this turned out to be a MASSIVE contest.....for an online one for that matter....

Now it's time for a bit of spam...=P....I am as well throwing a anime music video contest....Not like any on a-m-v.org though... This is a REAL contest and will be shown infront of an audience of about 160 people.....We are in need of entries and I would love if anyone could submit....If you are interested please visit www.csunanime.com , On the site is the contest rules/entry form....There are 2 ways of entering....You can submit your video Via mail or submit via internet through the ftp account I set up....

If you are interested in joining this contest please IM (AIM/AOL) me at "RyokuGateu".....or e-mail me at ikasusu@directvinternet.com....If you have any questions please do not reply in this thread....This is Daniel's thread for his contest and I don't want my business getting involved within his contest...That would be rude...I consider Daniel a good friend and I don't wish to disturb his thread with business of my AMV contest....

I look forward to your contacts about the contest and to the replies of this thread...=P

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Sep 18, 2002 8:33 am

Yay!!! I won something! :lol:

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:30 am

dum di dum... sounds about right...

anyways... i'm still curious about what the prizes were.. can u like post pics of it or something? i just wanna see wut kind of crazy prizes u gave out n dealies. 8)

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:23 pm

tshirts! mmm how everybody loves a good tshirt... it'll be sweet.

the best overall video editer gets a 'trophy'. i love my trophy idea. [bwa ha]

anywho... yeah. ^_^

PhReAkAzOiD187
Org Profile

Post by PhReAkAzOiD187 » Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:25 pm

Shit! i got blasted again!! i coulda sworn parody woulda been mine. GRRRR, oh well.

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:26 pm

t shirts ey... gotta see these deals
8)

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:29 pm

PhReAkAzOiD187 wrote:Shit! i got blasted again!! i coulda sworn parody woulda been mine. GRRRR, oh well.
your action video went the distance though.
keep that in mind.

Paul Kievits
Org Profile

Post by Paul Kievits » Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:57 pm

God dammit fucking bullshit cock sucker

This is what I would have said if I was an uptight prick who really only cared about winning. It was fun to have entered and I hope you enjoed my video (losing to Kaston of all people was rather amusing) and I give everyone who won my congratulations.
Get my 5th video "Mass Murderer": here

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:02 pm

Vegeta for president wrote:God dammit fucking bullshit cock sucker

This is what I would have said if I was an uptight prick who really only cared about winning. It was fun to have entered and I hope you enjoed my video (losing to Kaston of all people was rather amusing) and I give everyone who won my congratulations.
[laughs]

that was funny.

Return to “AMV Contests”