Anime Boston 2005 Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Anime Boston 2005 Winners

Post by dokool » Sun May 01, 2005 12:37 am

Great contest this year, that's all I have to say about it for now. Drama was actually probably the strongest category in an unusual change of pace. Romance was a bit weak (it had the fewest at 5 videos), hopefully next year it expands. Action and Comedy were both decent, my vid (coming soon!) got a great reaction so I have no complaints.

Here goes...

Audience Vote
Best Drama and Best of Show - Atonement by Kiarrens

Best Action - Heading For A New Century by Marisa Panaccio

Best Romance - Alberto Gonzalez's KareKano vid (He's listing all his vids on the 'Org within the next couple months, no link available yet)

Best Comedy - Channel Surfin' (no link)

Judged Awards

Best Editing - My Evil Alien by Scintilla

Best Concept - Gunsmoke Outlaws by Tsunami Jones

Judge's Choice - Staring Down The Barrel by ANTDrakko

Edit - OtakuForLife defeated Guyv in the AMV Iron Editor. The Secret Ingredient was Yakitate!! Japan volume 1.
Last edited by dokool on Sun May 01, 2005 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sun May 01, 2005 1:22 am

On the radio show, I heard you or somebody say something about a Postal Service video... :-o Whose was that? And what song/anime?
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sun May 01, 2005 1:27 am

AtomX wrote:On the radio show, I heard you or somebody say something about a Postal Service video... :-o Whose was that? And what song/anime?

Such Great Heights to Voices of a Distant Star. Can't tell you the editor, I don't have a ballot available at the moment...

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Sun May 01, 2005 1:52 am

I thought the best drama/show video was pretty well done. Captured the essence of FMA very well. I would have liked to see it have been a little more tightly synced, but overall a good video.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Sun May 01, 2005 1:55 am

Man, reading over the profiles of the winning videos, some people update their video profiles REALLY fast. Like minutes after the results are posted :shock:

In any case, congratulations to the winners! I'll try and check them out soon (assuming I don't have 10 stars pending -_-).
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

kafei23415
Org Profile

I WENT 2 ANIME BOSTON!

Post by kafei23415 » Sun May 01, 2005 2:19 am

OMG! Some of you guys talking in here I might have actually saw! I had a one day pass...(grumbles) and it was a mess. I didn't even get 2 see the AMV contest, but I was there at 8:00 AM!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

BTW! Just in case any peeps from Anime Boston are wondering what I looked like, I was not in a cosplayer uniform, and people thought I was a girl because of my long red hair...(I'm a guy and My name is Dan). I was hanging out with two other people... a girl with a hat(great detail, huh?) and a kid with glasses and a black shirt(I'm on a roll tonight!). So, there... Good Job to whoever won. :P

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Sun May 01, 2005 2:20 am

Blargh, cursed spoilers! Both the audience voted best ones are series I havent finished yet but mean to.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sun May 01, 2005 6:47 am

SSJVegita0609 wrote:Blargh, cursed spoilers! Both the audience voted best ones are series I havent finished yet but mean to.
I assure you that Best Action goes by so fast you probably won't catch any of the real spoilers. Can't say that for Atonement, though.

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Sun May 01, 2005 7:37 am

Hm ... I dld the winner of Best Action a half year ago. It's really a good video. May I ask where I can see a list of all enterd videos ?

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Sun May 01, 2005 1:12 pm

Congrats to everyone!

Return to “AMV Contests”