Multiprojects only girls

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:57 pm

Voices_Of_Ryan wrote:
Solaria735 wrote:Right. Most of the sensitive/sentimental/romance AMVs I've seen have been made by male editors (yes, including you, VoR). I, on the other hand, doubt I'll ever make a sensitive/sentimental/romance AMV. . .

And personally, if anyone ever knows my AMVs, I would hope it'd be for the editing and content rather than the fact that I'm female. . .
I think girls make better action videos.
So much pent up angst.
Tell Bayo that. :shock:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Solaria735
Org Profile

Post by Solaria735 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:01 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Tell Bayo that. :shock:
Haha, tell VoR that. ^-^

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:07 pm

HexagonParanoia wrote:Anyways, I think this would be an interesting project because it would portray more sensitive and passionate (<--Stereotype) AMV's.
I'm all about passion and sentimental romance. ^.^

But I can't edit action. According to the person in Castor's sig, I suck. Luckily a girl who sucks isn't usually a bad thing. :twisted:

/seriously

I wouldn't join since I do not work well with others, but I'd be interested in seeing a collection of female editors - to see if there's a variety or a stereotypical result (all romance vids, all sappy vids, etc). I think some other common theme for the female editors to focus on (a link aside from their gender) would help a project like this get off the ground.

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:07 pm

If I wanted to, I could list well over ten Hawt action videos made by females. A few of them I've seen pictures of, and damn some of them are pretty freekin' hawt! :O *runs to bathroom*

Poetic_Kaos
Org Profile

Post by Poetic_Kaos » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:17 am

The amount of male ego being thrown about here is border lining on the point of suffocation. Its like how dare the other half of the population exclude us.

To bad all of you fail to realize just how much women do not get along. This project was doomed before it begun. Sailor Moon, power up!

The above is satire.
"Kaos is the single most essential element to existence. Without conflict, without struggle, all of creation might as well be so many unmoving, unfeeling stones."

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:05 am

Voices_Of_Ryan wrote:I think girls make better action videos.
So much pent up angst.
Holy shit thats a good one Image

In my experience, the bulk of female action videos I see lack that certain visceral punch that can only be achieved with the help of a penis. That inexplanable joy that overcomes the viewer while watching Goku go Super Sayain and whoop Freeza's ass to the tune of Superbeast is an experience that a penis truely understands at its core. Vagina's can theorize all they want but their hormones arent pumping around ASS KICING JUICE so it will never be the same. Big strong people beating eachother up for no discernable reason IS awesome and it always HAS been awesome.

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:11 am

the only reason they should do an all female multi editor project is if they have something to prove. And they don't really have anything to prove that they haven't all ready. If a group of females want to do it fine, but I'm pretty sure groups of females have done this already. There's no point in doing this, unless theres some sort of point trying to be made! o_O, and if theres a point trying to be made what so ever over a project like this, it's a bit fuzzy for me to see one

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:20 am

When I first saw this thread I was kinda surprised - This is the first post I've seen in a while that attempts to show some sort of divide between male and female editors.

I think that's pretty impressive about the community - there really is no sexism. There may be a natural overabundance of male editors, but at the same time female editors aren't treated as female editors, they're treated as editors. I don't see any reason to highlight female editors because that's saying that there's a difference in how they edit.

Bulghod
Org Profile

Post by Bulghod » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:23 am

dokool wrote:I think that's pretty impressive about the community - there really is no sexism. There may be a natural overabundance of male editors, but at the same time female editors aren't treated as female editors, they're treated as editors. I don't see any reason to highlight female editors because that's saying that there's a difference in how they edit.
well there really isn't any distinct difference. as far as music and anime choices, it's totally random as depending on the mood or whatever, pretty much any anime or song is up for grabs, and there are so many ways in editing i strongly doubt anyone here is going to take the time to find a distinct m/f flava.

Fluxmeister
Org Profile

Post by Fluxmeister » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:39 am

:?

To be honest I cannot stereotype an amv created by a male or female. I can make the assumption that mostly males make amvs... but that's certainly no guarantee that a guy made a given video... so if there's an all female project ... what's the point? While the concept is somewhat original I dunno what the motivation would be... it's not as though guys specifically get together on a project and cry out WATCH OUR AMVS GO BOOM ON THE SCREEN AND NOTICE THAT WE ARE NOT FEMALE! ... well not yet at least.

If there was a reason such as "females can't get into projects like RVG" or "males always try to hit on females when they join a project" then maybe there'd be some logic. I don't think our community is that bad... sure there is plenty of desperation(haha)... but the gap between male and female editors isn't so large in the amv world. On the NES project we had one female editor. Did it make the slightest difference? Nope. I don't think we bothered her any more or any less than the rest of the editors. She was another editor on the team to make something for people to enjoy watching.

I think a decent question is... why would you want to rally together a specific group of people when you could meet and learn from so many more by not having restrictions and limitations? On the projects I've directed with Castor and MJ our only limitation is our faith in the editor to make a quality video.

I've probably taken the topic too seriously... but I really get sick of all the divisions we have in society based on anything and everything that could possibly group us together.
| NHMK Music Video Downloads | Editing like it's 2006. |

Return to “General AMV”