2005 VCA Results

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:46 am

Holy carp! I never actually expected to win anything :shock:

A big thank you to everyone who ran the contest and everyone who participated, and congrats to the other winners! :)

*still wonders why "Telephone Love" was DQ'ed*
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Brsrk
Org Profile

Post by Brsrk » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:49 am

To be in all honesty, this year's VCA results were a little disapointing...

Some of the videos and members, I think, did not deserve to win. I'm not going to mention any names or anything, but there were definately better videos and creators for most of the categories than the people and videos who won... I am honestly disapointed with most of the VCA results...

On the better side, I'm glad to see that some videos actually won the category(ies) that they were meant for. Eva Bebop, AMV Hell and Shounen Bushido just to name a few.

Congrats to the winners, and hopefully next year will be an even harder choice for people to vote on. I had trouble choosing videos for some of the categories, like Best Comedy, Creator of the Year and Best Multieditor just to name a few. 18 isn't a small enough margin, we need to get down to atleast 1 or 2 votes separating the top 2 vids, THEN it will get exciting! And winning by 285 votes, now THAT's how a category should be won :P Either way, congrats to the winners
Pwolf wrote:that music was way to "happy" for an anime as dramatic as the kenshin ova... your an evil evil person :P :up: Pwolf
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=87528

istiv
Org Profile

Post by istiv » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:50 am

WOW :shock:

I expected SB to win the Best Lip sync but not the best visual effects and more the video of the year ! I'm really happy of that :) :) :).
THank you all people who voted for SB, and thank you the others for the great winners you voted for on this year.

Congratulations to all other winners, specially Tyler and Scintilla, your videos are great ;). I hoped suberunker's Football would win a prize :( but this the vote rule.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:35 am

Brsrk wrote:On the better side, I'm glad to see that some videos actually won the category(ies) that they were meant for. Eva Bebop, AMV Hell and Shounen Bushido just to name a few.
I don't want to start a big debate or anything, and I sure as hell don't mean to insult Scintilla, but I don't think Eva Bebop really should have won Best Instrumental. This is just my opinion. But I think there were at least two other videos that better suited the category, and fit far better as an instrumental video.

It seems, and this is unavoidable, that people voted Eva Bebop for their favorite video that happened to have no vocals. I'm sure we all have different opinions on how instrumental videos are best portrayed, so I'll end here.

Scintilla, congratulations, and I mean you no disrespect. :P

To be fair, I thought either you or Arigatomina should have won Most Helpful, and I've said that from the start. I simply haven't heard much from Vic, so that was a surprise.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:01 am

flint_the_dwarf wrote:To be fair, I thought either you or Arigatomina should have won Most Helpful, and I've said that from the start. I simply haven't heard much from Vic, so that was a surprise.
I thought he won that by virtue of releasing that guide, although I was wondering if something like that would be enough on its own...

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:13 am

Wow. I'm quite surprised I managed to win a category. Thank you to all who nominated and voted for Insomnia!

Congratulations to all other winners too. My favourites won only in four categories, but all who made it to the winning round were quality videos. I'd also like to thank Phade, AD and the rest of AnimeMusicVideos.Org staff for organising the contest. :)

Darci-San
Org Profile

Post by Darci-San » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:56 am

OMFG THANK YOU SO MUCH

SDLFKJSDLFKJSDLKFJ

There were so many amazing video's this year.. >_<!!!! the fact that i won 2 categories is SUCH and HONOR!!!!!!!!

blown away... XD

thank-you very very much everyone! thank-you thank-you thank-you!

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:44 am

Lots of pleasant surprizes in these final results and only a couple of minor disappointments, congrads to all the winners none the less.

Inertia
Org Profile

Post by Inertia » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:46 am

Ookay, that was.. unexpected.

I was pretty certain Narutrix was on the bottom of the pile -- it'd already lost to Little Tortilla Boy once ;) and Sasuke Must Die or Lord of the Yen looked pretty sure to stomp on all in their path.. o.O

Thanks to all who voted for my little project \o/ certainly made my day. Guess I should really get back to the big project..

Good to see Tsumibito no kashou in there, as well as AMV hell as most original, and SB was pretty much a given for vid of the year anyway..

Greed vs Envy was a bit odd though. While I love the video it's not really much of an AMV, lacking so much as a single frame of anime as it does ;)

Still, good work all round, and congrats to all who made it in!

- Nert

MajinKenshinAMV
Org Profile

Congratz

Post by MajinKenshinAMV » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:50 am

I just wanted to say congratulations to all of the winners, but also to those who didn't take home any awards at all. I think there were a lot of great vids and it might be totally different results if we did it over. Who knows, right? Personally I didn't even think my vid should be in the running for more than "best action" and I certainly didn't hope to win it, but thanks anyways. Omedetou again to all, and I hope to see some great vids from all the artists in the future.
Zero Tolerance Films

Return to “Site Announcements”