Looking for AMV Editors in the SF Bay Area!

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
raibesh
Org Profile

Looking for AMV Editors in the SF Bay Area!

Post by raibesh » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:20 pm

My name is Ryan Shaw. I am a graduate student at UC Berkeley's School of Information Management & Systems, conducting a study of creative collaboration on the Internet. If you live in the San Francisco Bay Area and are willing to be interviewed about your AMV editing, I would really appreciate it if you would get in touch with me by March 31st.

You can contact me through this thread, through a private message on this BB, by emailing me at <a href="mailto:ryanshaw@sims.berkeley.edu?subject=AMV%20Editing%20Research%20Project">ryanshaw@sims.berkeley.edu</a>, or by calling me at 510-981-8130.

More details about the project:

My research concerns the design of community tools for annotating, finding, sharing, and re-editing video content. I am interested in learning about your experiences as a creator of anime music videos, the tools and processes you currently use to view, share, and create them, and your feedback on proposed designs.

This is academic research, not commercial. I am not planning on building new editing tools, but would rather integrate with existing popular editing tools via plugins and the like. My design work is focused on tools for annotation of video content, multimedia search, and social networking and sharing. Anything I build will eventually be released under a BSD open-source license.

If you agree to take part in my research, I will conduct an interview with you at the time and location of your choice. The interview should last from 30 minutes to 1 hour. With your permission, I will audiotape or videotape the interview.

If you are willing to help me, please contact me before March 31st at <a href="mailto:ryanshaw@sims.berkeley.edu?subject=AMV%20Editing%20Research%20Project">ryanshaw@sims.berkeley.edu</a> and let me know when and where you would like to be interviewed.

Thanks!

Ryan

Return to “General AMV”