Amvs 5-10 years from now

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
DuoEnigma
Org Profile

Amvs 5-10 years from now

Post by DuoEnigma » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:06 am

Do you see yourself making amvs 5-10years from now? Do you think amvs will die out? How long you plan on making amvs?...Now I shall answer my own questions

Do you see yourself making amvs 5-10years from now? Personally, I am more concern with bigger things. but I do see myself making amvs for the next 2-3years. I have some ideas that I know will work out. Just never made the time to take the initiative

Do you think amvs will die out? I think amvs is at its highest point right now, So I don't see it dying out anytime soon.

How long you plan on making amvs?. Well i answer this question , maybe for the next 2-3 years. But I know for sure (or hope) that if I stop. I want to check out veterans amv process. Such as vicbond, A.D, Zarxrax , aluminumstudios, etc.
"No one ever achieved victory by sitting back and waiting for it to come to them"

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: Amvs 5-10 years from now

Post by Zarxrax » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:30 am

Do you see yourself making amvs 5-10years from now?
Definately :O

Do you think amvs will die out?
Die out? They will never die out completely, but the hobby may not continue to grow at this rate in the future. A lot of the people coming in these days are of the cartoon network generation. If the anime fad dies out, then we will see less new members probably.

How long you plan on making amvs?. LIFE! :lol:

bum
Org Profile

Post by bum » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:36 am

I've got no idea what I'l see myself doing tomorow, so 5 years is a bit out their for me.

if by die you mean murdered by the riaa then mabey

How long you plan on making amvs?

Till I can afford to pay a decent amver to make them for me.

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:42 am

1st and 3rd question: Most likely forever :P I don't see any reason to stop yet, maybe I'll have less time in the future, but not less fun creating AMVs.

2nd question: That depends largely on the .org I would say. If it gets closed / offline for some reason it'll be hard for creators to rearrange themselves somewhere. And as Zarx' stated it depends on Anime fandom.
AMVs will definetely reach a point where they can't grow anymore because of the legality issue I would say.

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:58 am

I don't see the future, I see the present. The future is meaningless. You can plane for the future and everything, but to over question what you'll do in the future is troublesome. I enjoy AMVs and stuff, so unless that changes, I should be still doing creations and stuff of AMVs.

Will it? I don't like that question. It has been spreading more worldwide, so why would it have hit it's highest point. Screw the RIAA, there nuts!? If it wasn't for AMV, I may have spent less dollars on movies and music. AMVs if anything promotes sales in my opinion... [/ramble]

Refer to first question. Anythings a possibility. O.O >.< O.O *runs*

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:12 pm

/temporarily rises

Probably not.

Definitely not.

How long you plan on making amvs?.
Until I see that some of the inherent 'injustices' towards certain musical and other creative ideas have been duly corrected, and/or I see the appearance of one or more AMVers whom I can trust with eventually fulfilling that role instead of me.
In other words, my making AMV's is entirely conditional on the fact that noone ever looks in the same creative direction that I do. When someone does, or when the creative direction is sufficiently explored by me alone, I will happily step down. Making AMV's is only so much of a joy to me, and often more than enough of a pain.
:roll:

/falls back to the ashes
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Osakaness
Org Profile

Post by Osakaness » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:24 pm

Do you see yourself making amvs 5 - 10years from now?

Yes :D

Maybe :roll:

How long do you plan on making amvs?

When i find out i have Epilepsy, when i die of some unknown disasters, or
when i turned into a wrinkly old man :(

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:29 pm

Do you see yourself making amvs 5 - 10years from now?

Probably because I'll still have nothing better to do.

When the RIAA's armies begin raiding amv creator's homes. In 2 weeks.

How long do you plan on making amvs?

Until the RIAA arrests me. 8-)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:35 pm

Castor Troy wrote:Until the RIAA arrests me. 8-)
Word! 8-)

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:46 pm

DuoEnigma wrote:Do you see yourself making amvs 5-10years from now?
Yes, because it may take me 5 years to acquire and watch all the sources I'll need for the last (?) really ambitious video idea I have (and have had for about a year).
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “General AMV”