Definative AMV videos.

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:36 pm

AMVfreak wrote:I think the Recommended AMVs Forum Section covers this.

Although I agree, Shameless Rock Video and Haruko the Superfreak rocks.
: D
Look, this member didn't state what he/she thinks is the best AMV! :lol: It's kinda hard to do so, but there's this one video that I don't find the best, but it is highly liked by me. And that's dj-ohki's Breath of Evangelion. The footage put to this song is just AWESOME! It's number 1 in my top 100 list

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:41 pm

LunaAislin wrote:I assisting in hosting and AMV panel this year at AMA
Wow, that's an awesome sentence! lol :lol:

LunaAislin
Org Profile

Post by LunaAislin » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:19 am

x_rex30 wrote:
LunaAislin wrote:I assisting in hosting and AMV panel this year at AMA
Wow, that's an awesome sentence! lol :lol:
Yeah that does sound kind of lame :( I don edit video seriously my fiancee is the serious video editor. We are the directors of the competition this year. I of course cannot handle the panel by myself because I do not feel that I am competent enough in the field to have an intelligent discussion about it. I am handling the prize sponsorship, time scheduleing, equiptment, submission, and staff issues of the contest. He is making the title screens, encoding the videos, and all the other little technical things a person does. lol Basically my involvement in the panel merely includes making reference sheets to assist him in deciding what topics to discuss, which videos to reference/show, and all of the behind the scenes stuff... Geeze can a girl get no love for being the well organized person in the background?????

bum
Org Profile

Post by bum » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:14 am

Both amv's in my sig are rather damn good, if I dare say so myself :D

LunaAislin
Org Profile

Post by LunaAislin » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:28 am

I love EVA Bebop :) I think you guys are failing to tell me WHY they are good though :)

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:51 am

The most definitive video to me has and will probably always be dokidoki's Senshi on Springer. It is synced to beats. It is synced to mood. And it is synced to lyrics. I'm still working on that....:)
Life's short.
eBayhard.

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:46 am

LunaAislin wrote:I love EVA Bebop :) I think you guys are failing to tell me WHY they are good though :)
Because you like it.

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:06 am

LunaAislin wrote:
I of course cannot handle the panel by myself because I do not feel that I am competent enough in the field to have an intelligent discussion about it.

Basically my involvement in the panel merely includes making reference sheets to assist him in deciding what topics to discuss, which videos to reference/show, and all of the behind the scenes stuff... Geeze can a girl get no love for being the well organized person in the background?????
No, because you're more or less asking us to do your research for you. IMHO if you don't think you're qualified you should step down and let someone else manage things.

As a non-editor, you can watch videos and quantify them <i>as a fan</i>. This is why you should look at the Star Scale, Top 10%, and Recommendation Forums, download the videos, and come to your own conclusions.

LunaAislin
Org Profile

Post by LunaAislin » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:32 am

I am not speaking in the panel myself. The speaker however does not have the time to do the research himself. As you all know CON staff are volunteers and in this scenario work at this time is preventing him from handling this himself. I wouldn’t refer to myself as a non-editor just an inexperienced one. My position is generally that of helping others with their videos via Photoshop however.

I hardly think I'm asking you to do my job for me last time I check no one on this forum was negotiating with sponsors and printing my flyers. There is a fine line between needy and resourceful. I see the org as a valuable resource in making this competition the best it can be much as many editors see it as a resource for obtaining advice and opinions on their own videos.

It is not solely my place to conclude on what is and is not a good video. Since this is a panel, I’m working on rather than an individual conversation I feel a responsibility to show a representation of what is generally accepted as good.

The whole purpose of this topic was not for anyone else to tell me what to think but to have the opportunity to see what others think and how they came to form that opinion. That helps me to let go of my bias about a crappy song or poor lip synching and gives me a technical view that I may not have otherwise gotten without the shared opinion of editors.

Furthermore, this topic was an open discussion that I thought could potentially be a good resource. While I am using the other resources on the org, I felt people actually having an intelligent conversation about the topic might prove to be more valuable. If you are not interested in this topic, I welcome you to move to a different section of the forums where perhaps you will be less irritable.

:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:51 am

LunaAislin wrote: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! *runs*

Return to “General AMV”