Probing for interest - MAD project

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
mckeed
Org Profile

Probing for interest - MAD project

Post by mckeed » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:28 am

I am wondering if anyone has any interest in making a MAD for a compilation project? I know I am currently working on now that is 70% done and wanted to try to kind of expand people's horizons about making something different than your vanilla AMV's now adays.

The project would consist of videos that would fall under a "MAD" categorization. Videos made from still frames and effects(Think VicBond's "Believe"video or Aluminum Studio's "Silence" video, Scintilla's "Eva Bebop") or a recreation of an opening using a different anime than was originally used, or making an completely new opening for a show complete with credits and things of that nature.

What do you people think?
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:50 pm

It sounds interesting, I'd like to see it, I only wish I could contribute.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:57 pm

It sounds just sort of like a collection of individual videos... whats the point of making it a project?

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:17 pm

I've been considering trying a MAD just to get a better grasp on how after effects works so I might be interested. But I gotta agree with Zarx, if this is just a random collection of seperate videos then what's the point?

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:57 pm

Well, its no different than something like the video game project. People decide what songs they want to do and thensubmit them to the project.

This is more like something to motivate people. Give them a common purpose really. I think people would want to try something different and like to have similar work grouped togeather for a showing. This is more of a showcase of what people can do. I wouldn't really call this a project, but more of a compilation. People can make MAD's and submit them to the project and then I would get a pannel at a convention and show them and maybe talk about them a bit. Many people like making videos to submit to conventions and certain types of MAD's really aren't audience friendly. Things like opening recreations/emulations. I just figure it is nice to make something that will get special attention.

I just feel that lately there are a whole lot more average videos and not to much groundbreaking things going on to really expand what an AMV really is. Probally one of the reasons that I've been doing more parody work lately. I just feel that most of the stuff that comes out just isn't anything really special.
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

theocide
Org Profile

Post by theocide » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:30 pm

I've been looking for an excuse to make a MAD and a multi-editor project. I would love to contribute. Count me in or whatever. Tell me what to do.
Veldrin: I agree. Man this wedding was like having sex with theocide. Fast and makes you cry.

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:15 am

Will do. Any other takers?

Daniel_BMS
Org Profile

Post by Daniel_BMS » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:10 am

I've had an idea very similar to this. I would love to see this project. Any chance it may hit FanimeCon?

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”