UshiCon Results?

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Voices_Of_Ryan
Org Profile

UshiCon Results?

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:32 am

I never did find a complete Schedule of events of this convention.
Does anyone know if the Music videos have already aired and been counted (and etc?)?
"hey... no"

norskotaku
Org Profile

Post by norskotaku » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:08 pm

I was there yesterday and sat through most of the amv showing. they handed out a sheet with all the videos on it for people to vote on, but since I left before the end I don't know how the voting was handled. but given that it was being judged by the crowd, I'm pretty sure I know what video is going to win. I think there was another showing and awards today, but I'm already back in Houston so we'll have to wait and hear from someone who is still there.

Voices_Of_Ryan
Org Profile

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:23 pm

And So We Wait.
"hey... no"

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:21 am

Carlos won Best Showcase Video for his Trigun/Desperado dealie. I won Judge's Choice and Fan Favorite in the Hentai category. I didn't realize you were there norsotaku, you should have come up and said hi. :) BTW, I don't recall seeing your video VOR, which one was it?

Voices_Of_Ryan
Org Profile

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:46 am

mexicanjunior wrote:Carlos won Best Showcase Video for his Trigun/Desperado dealie. I won Judge's Choice and Fan Favorite in the Hentai category. I didn't realize you were there norsotaku, you should have come up and said hi. :) BTW, I don't recall seeing your video VOR, which one was it?
They only showed local videos because of the time restrictions placed on themselfs (I know one of the staff members).
"hey... no"

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:04 am

Voices_Of_Ryan wrote:
mexicanjunior wrote:Carlos won Best Showcase Video for his Trigun/Desperado dealie. I won Judge's Choice and Fan Favorite in the Hentai category. I didn't realize you were there norsotaku, you should have come up and said hi. :) BTW, I don't recall seeing your video VOR, which one was it?
They only showed local videos because of the time restrictions placed on themselfs (I know one of the staff members).
Ummm, yeah dude, that's why more than two people's videos that played in the contest were from Germany or some place over seas (as pointed out by their language and website urls on their bumpers) :P

Voices_Of_Ryan
Org Profile

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:34 am

Machine wrote:
Voices_Of_Ryan wrote:
Ummm, yeah dude, that's why more than two people's videos that played in the contest were from Germany or some place over seas (as pointed out by their language and website urls on their bumpers) :P
I was told that by the corrdinator.

"We only had a select amount of time to show a [few] video(s) because we're not exactly AWA here. So local videos came first. "

I'd assume then it was first come first serve.
"hey... no"

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:26 pm

This topic...is confusing...
Ushicon AMV Rules Page wrote: What, then, you ask, do you mean by AMV Showcase? Well, we'll show Anime Music Videos, especially from local creators. There will be no awards, save the warm fuzzy feeling you get from applause....

source
:?

norskotaku
Org Profile

Post by norskotaku » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:21 pm

yeah, sorry about that. I was still sick from last week, so I wasn't being very social. heh, not that I'd recognize any of you, since I wasn't around for the awards to find out who you were.

but congrats to both of you on the awards. I'm happy that the Desperado vid took the award and not the vid I thought would be the audience pick. I guess the general amv audience earned a few points in my book for that. I wasn't giving them as much credit.

Driftpeasant
Org Profile

Post by Driftpeasant » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:00 pm

Okay, I AM the Coordinator, and I will clarify.

First off, it wasn't really intended as a contest. But the theme I picked was bad. The two vids I did get that qualified weren't actually submitted to the contest, so I just changed the whole thing at the last minute to a contest.

We did post that local creators got preference. And they did. We showed every local video we got, including the DBZ one. It never actually came down to a cut off because we got enough submissions to fill the thing.

Also, I don't recall ever noting that we weren't AWA, but I'm so blitzed out right now I may well could've. If that's the case, I apologize.

We will be having some sort of contest again next year, and at least showing the VG3 Project, possibly the whole Trilogy (NES, RVG, VG3).

There will DEFINITELY be another HAMV contest next year. Someone has to dethrone MJ. :)

A list of the entries and the winners is posted at http://www.ushicon.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=937

Desperado by MindWarp Entertainment came in first, What Lain Bought On Ebay by Bad Martial Arts came in second, and Naruto's United States of Whatever by MindWarp Entertainment came in third.

We had 4 first time creators submit, and I thought their efforts were very good.

Return to “AMV Contests”