The Betamax Project

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

The Betamax Project

Post by Qyot27 » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:36 pm

Qyot27 wrote:I saw this day coming...

I'm officially putting the Betamax Project on hiatus indefinitely. There are a number of factors for this, including:

A) Lack of host space for the preview tracks.
B) Lack of an FTP or host space for final track uploads.
C) Sluggish pace (it's been nearly two years since this was first started and it's barely even off the ground)
D) I need to think/worry about other things at the moment.
E) I want to learn After Effects before approaching certain aspects of this project.
F) There needs to be a lot more structure.
G) Communication breakdown in general.

For those reasons, I had the project on the backburner as it was, and am providing this notice as a courtesy. I'm not killing the project, and those of you still working (or have yet to work) on your assigned tracks are free to finish them and send them to me in the time the project is on sabbatical. Once I have the resources to revive it, like a personal server, better organization, and more than likely a hierarchy of administration, then it'll be back (probably with a new posting, since this thread will likely have been locked for a while due to inactivity, if that feature is still in effect).

I really wish that it didn't have to come to this, but I think many of you expected it to happen anyway.

What Is The Betamax Project?

A multi-editor project using 115 songs from the 1980s. Of course, while I tried to keep it as close to being strictly 80s as I could, there are a couple of tracks from 1990 (such as Winger and B'z), and maybe even a couple from 1979, but despite that the songs still sound very 80s IMO, so I decided to keep them around).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Requirements

·The final submission videos must be 720x480, 23.976 fps, and compressed with HuffYUV or Lagarith (other lossless codecs are acceptable as long as I know what they are and can easily install them on my computer).

·Previews must be submitted before your video is approved.

·Regular communication on how your track is coming along is highly recommended. If you seem to have dropped off the face of the Earth, you will be removed and your track given to someone else.

·Most tracks are 0:50-1:30 in length. You should edit the entire length of the clip, and not put any black space at the beginning or end.

·Make sure to decode the .ogg files to .wav before editing.

·All tracks must be content-appropriate based on a-m-v.org Local guidelines.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To request a track, remember to include:

·Your nickname, real name (real name is optional)

·Track number

·Artist and song title

·The anime(s) you'll be using

Please include your first, second, and third track choices. Tracks will be assigned on a first come basis.

You can request tracks by either replying to this thread or by e-mailing the project group address at betamaxproject@yahoogroups.com . Just to be safe, also e-mail me, since I seem to be having problems with the group e-mail.

The main page: http://www.geocities.com/qyot27/betamax.html
The tracklist: http://www.geocities.com/qyot27/tracklist.html

(Note: the tracks are not hosted at the moment. Clicking on Available on the Tracklist page doesn't work.)
Last edited by Qyot27 on Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:27 pm, edited 12 times in total.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:24 pm

Count me in!
I would like: Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
and maybe: E.M. - It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
(I already started a vid to this last year and never finished, this will give it practical use :) )

AMV_4000 says he wants: Prince - Let's Go Crazy

LightningCountX
Org Profile

Post by LightningCountX » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:40 pm

deciding between a few tracks...

U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
The Cure - Why Can't I Be You
Duran Duran - The Reflex

Still dont know which to pick, all good songs >_<

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:41 pm

Man, that is a ton of great songs...

MexicanJunior (Sotero Lopez)

8 INXS - Devil Inside
30 LL Cool J - Bad
6 Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:32 pm

Mr Pilkington wrote:Count me in!
I would like: Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
and maybe: E.M. - It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
(I already started a vid to this last year and never finished, this will give it practical use :) )

AMV_4000 says he wants: Prince - Let's Go Crazy
accually i as informed of this after you posted it... but yah that sounds good...
I am also interested in...
Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight
Duran Duran - The Reflex
Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone
A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away)
Just incase you cant find anyone for those, i might be able to throw something in for ya

Qyot27
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:42 pm

I had to slightly revise the rules here. The tracks will actually be assigned on a first-come basis, since I think it would be easier to actually get the project off the ground that way. I don't know if I'll keep up the first-come thing for Part 2, but I might have to out of necessity. I'll go with everyone's first available choice, and if the other tracks don't get requested in the next couple weeks then your remaining choices will default back to you.

I also am pretty much forced not to put the .mp3 files up. The Vorbis files don't have much distortion that I think would hinder editing to them (I've got 128kbps mp3s that sound worse than they do). So actually the Vorbis files are the ones you'll be editing with. If you want the higher bitrate mp3 file, let me know and I can arrange it somehow, but as it stands it wouldn't be easy to get the mp3 versions out with the limited webspace I have.

I've taken note of the current requests and I should be able to update the site tonight or tomorrow.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Qyot27
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:57 pm

Website Tracklist is updated. If anyone still needs the audio files for those tracks, they're still there, I just took the links down.

AMV_4000, I put you down for In The Air Tonight. If you'd rather have one of the other tracks as your first choice, let me know.

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:02 pm

Qyot27 wrote:Website Tracklist is updated. If anyone still needs the audio files for those tracks, they're still there, I just took the links down.

AMV_4000, I put you down for In The Air Tonight. If you'd rather have one of the other tracks as your first choice, let me know.
im sorry i didnt make myself extremely clear last time, let me put those in order from what i want...

1.Prince - Let's Go Crazy (people want me to have this one)
2.Duran Duran - The Reflex (i used to love this song)
3.Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight (A dedication for an old friend)
4.A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away) (Check out Sonics Run)
5.Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone (come on, its topgun)

i forgot to mention, i wouldnt mind 2 or 4 tracks..

Qyot27
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:14 pm

Alright. I changed it. You're on Let's Go Crazy.

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:36 am

that is a ton of good songs....

I'm interested, but I'm gonna have to think about it some more though.
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”