Backing up

DuoEnigma
Org Profile

Backing up

Post by DuoEnigma » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:35 pm

I need to format my comp, I also have an incomplete amv i am working on. But i can't even edit it, since my comp keeps messing up on me.

I have 2 hard drives, all the avs, vobs, and mjpegs are on my second hard drive. What files do i need to safe so i can continue working on my amv, when the format is complete?

Also where can i find save my favorites? I have to many favorites, thanks
"No one ever achieved victory by sitting back and waiting for it to come to them"

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:02 am

If you're using the swap method all you need to save is the avs file & Premiere project file. Which, even that doesn't need to really be saved. Also you'll need to remember the filenames of the mjpeg files...

Alex_Dragon
Org Profile

Post by Alex_Dragon » Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:09 pm

Well i guess the first question i would have to ask is are you formatting only the main HD or both of them? If its just the main one then is all you have to save would be the project file for your editor.

If however (and far more likely) you want both of them formatted then my best idea would be to format the main one first,then reinstall your OS then move all your vobs/avs/mjpegs/project file to the main hard drive(I hope you have them all in one folder already or this could get annoying lol).After that you could then format HD#2 and move all those files back to where they belonged and both of your drives would be formatted leaving only the reinstallation of Premiere or whatever your editor is.
ImageImage

Return to “Hardware Discussion”