AUSA04 Finalists

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Radman
Org Profile

ummm

Post by Radman » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:45 pm

Don' worry. We all make mistakes with people working, schooling, and/or trying to work up an AMV contest, especially when silly people submit their AMVs at a ridiculously late date (thousands of fingers come from nowhere and point at a certain AMV creator by the name of "Radman")

So wait...is upbeat actually "upbeat" as in "up "and as in "beat" and as in "fast paced" and as in "not necessarily depressing or hopeful kind of upbeat but the kind that gets you movin to the groovin or just has a nice 'beat'" kind of upbeat.....

I guess I must rethink what the content of my video actually is if its in the Action category rather than the Drama category :? (as I assumed it would have been). I obviously need to go to more Cons (if only if only!!!)

Blast.....now I have more competition :twisted: ::clenches fist:: -> ::camera zooms out:: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it

Quiet Cannon
Org Profile

Post by Quiet Cannon » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:54 pm

Excellent. I'm in direct competition with myself.
Final Doom "Amazing things will happen here soon."

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Substance "Everyone knows that it's a dangerous substance."

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:48 am

Quiet Cannon wrote:Excellent. I'm in direct competition with myself.
I wouldn't really call it a competion, Quiet Cannon is a much better editor then Quiet Cannon. Although Quiet Cannon could pull an upset and beat Quiet Cannon. Hopefuly, when all is said and done, Quiet Cannon and Quiet Cannon will still be friends.

kitsunebeolnet
Wants Extra Stuff By Name
Org Profile

Post by kitsunebeolnet » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:15 am

So...was this everyone who entered or was there an actual 'weeding out'?

Still...YAY! I MADE IT! :D

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:23 am

genestarwind21122 wrote:This is a big time disappointment. Oh well good luck to everyone in the contest.

Gene
Obviously there were people weeded out. :( There's always Katsucon. I'll have even a better prepared for that one. :wink:

Gene Starwind 21122

VicBond007
Org Profile

Re: ummm

Post by VicBond007 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:27 am

Radman wrote: So wait...is upbeat actually "upbeat" as in "up "and as in "beat" and as in "fast paced" and as in "not necessarily depressing or hopeful kind of upbeat but the kind that gets you movin to the groovin or just has a nice 'beat'" kind of upbeat.....

Blast.....now I have more competition :twisted: ::clenches fist:: -> ::camera zooms out:: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
Upbeat was either light/happy peppy stuff, or things stitched together from various animes with no real correlation to each other, but everything happening with a beat. It's a tough differentiation for a lot of videos but some videos would only work in that category so we have to keep it around.
Quiet Cannon wrote: Excellent. I'm in direct competition with myself.
Don't worry, you're so gonna kick Quiet Cannon's ass.
kitsunebeolnet wrote:So...was this everyone who entered or was there an actual 'weeding out'?
We received 67 entries, we had room for the top 37 in the contest. There was a lot of weeding out. In fact, since some submissions were DQed for time, the overflow is as long as the contest O_O
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

ANTDrakko
Org Profile

Post by ANTDrakko » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:29 am

>_>

<_<

Don't tell Quiet Cannon, but I heard Quiet Cannon talking about Quiet Cannon's mom...

kitsunebeolnet
Wants Extra Stuff By Name
Org Profile

Post by kitsunebeolnet » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:26 am

genestarwind21122 wrote:
genestarwind21122 wrote:This is a big time disappointment. Oh well good luck to everyone in the contest.

Gene
Obviously there were people weeded out. :( There's always Katsucon. I'll have even a better prepared for that one. :wink:

Gene Starwind 21122
Sorry, I'm not trying to be a wiseass. (this time :) ) Every OTHER contest I've been in was lucky to have enough entries...I'm surprised I made any sort of cut.

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:49 am

ANTDrakko wrote:Don't tell Quiet Cannon, but I heard Quiet Cannon talking about Quiet Cannon's mom...
*Whispers* I started that rumor to weaken the competition in the trailer category, you weren't supposed to let anyone know :shock:
godix wrote:Free sausage. No conditions. No tricks. To the best of my ability I will give anyone a sausage on anything they ask for. I'm not kidding here, I'll do as many sausage as I can.
Check out my deviantART!

dji
Org Profile

Post by dji » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:51 am

oh I guess well forgot to tell you.. the winner of each category has to kill the other members (of the respective category) in order for you to receive your award/prize/certificate/whatever.. so I guess that means if you loose to yourself.. you have to kill yourself.. and if you don't win at all.. someone's still going to have kill you. hehe j/k :D ..you can pay someone to do all your dirty work for a fee.. no no no.. I'm still just kidding :P :wink: :D
"12 out of 10 crazy bald guys luv my new avatar!"

Return to “AMV Contests”