Otakon results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Superios
Org Profile

Otakon results

Post by Superios » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:30 pm

Here are the results. I spent a while looking over my preivous notes to get these and for the life of me, I can not find the tallies and I am honestly sorry for that. *Yes, I know I wrote this in another thread. I'm putting it in a completely new one for good measure.*

-----Romantic/Sentimental
Winner:Waiting For You - Daniel Chang - Ah! Megami-sama - Richard Marx "Right Here Waiting"

Runner-up:What it Means to be Young - A.T. Chang - Final Fantasy X - Fire, Inc. "Tonight is What it Means to Be Young"

Honorable Mention:Naota's Lament - rogueintellectproductions - Furi Kuri - lostprophets "Last Train Home"

-----Serious/Dramatic
Winner:Faithless - Daniel Charles Hopkins - Shin Seiki Evangelion, Evangelion: Death & Rebirth, The End of Evangelion - Linkin Park "Opening" "Numb"

Runner-up:Silence - Aluminum Studios - NieA_7/Niea Under Seven, Original Animation - Delerium featuring Sara McLaughlin "Silence"

Honorable Mention:Staring Down the Barrel - Seen - Trigun - Shinedown "45"

-----Action
Winner:End of All Hope - Senta Miller - X - Nightwish "End of All Hope"

Runner-up:Playing for Time - Nanashi Studios - Cowboy Bebop - Must "Time is Running Out"

Honorable Mention:Dark Journey - Orange Kitten Productions - Shamanic Princess - Evanescence "Imaginary"

-----Upbeat/Rhythm
Winner:Believe - VicBond007 Productions - Kanon - Nami Tamaki "Believe"

Runner-up:Build Me Up Buttercup - Kusoyaro Productions - Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou - Goops "Build Me Up Buttercup"

Honorable Mention:Three Outta Four Ain't Bad - Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie - Dragonball Z - Papaya "Pink Dinosaur"

-----Humorous/Satirical
Winner:AMV Hell - Alan Clontz, Brian Moore - Various Footage - Various Audio

Runner-up:Alternate Eva Opening: Eva Bebop - Scintilla, Peter J. Tom-Wolverton - Shin Seiki Evangelion - Yoko Kanno "Tank!"

Honorable Mention:German 101 - Floyd Russell IV - Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu - Rammstien "Feuer Frei"

-----Fan's choice: Best in Show
Winner:AMV Hell - Alan Clontz, Brian Moore - Various Footage - Various Audio

Runner-up:Dark Journey - Orange Kitten Productions - Shamanic Princess - Evanescence "Imaginary"

Honorable Mention:Staring Down the Barrel - Seen - Trigun - Shinedown "45"

-----Themed Video (Theme:Conflict)
Winner:Staring Down the Barrel - Seen - Trigun - Shinedown "45"

Runner-up:End of All Hope - Senta Miller - X - Nightwish "End of All Hope"

Honorable Mention:Faithless - Daniel Charles Hopkins - Shin Seiki Evangelion, Evangelion: Death & Rebirth, The End of Evangelion - Linkin Park "Opening" "Numb"

-----Staff Choice:Best in Show
Winner:The Goal Is - Washu0 - Inu Yasha - U2 "Elevation"

This is the first website to know these results and I thought I'd let everyone know that. These results will be sent to the Otakon webmaster shortly. If you have something to say to me, my personal email is Spootchman@hotmail.com, so we can keep this stuff off of the list. If you want my new phone number (my personal phone number) email me and I'll give it to you personally)

Geoff

aluminumstudios
Org Profile

Post by aluminumstudios » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:59 pm

I had heard a rumor that not all of the votes were counted, that 1 hr before the videos were announced at the 8:00pm panel sat. that only 1/3 of the votes had been counted (thus it being impossible to count them all before the announcment was made) or something like that. Is there any truth to that?
~William Milberry
Aluminum Studios
http://www.aluminumstudios.com

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:38 pm

aluminumstudios wrote:I had heard a rumor that not all of the votes were counted, that 1 hr before the videos were announced at the 8:00pm panel sat. that only 1/3 of the votes had been counted (thus it being impossible to count them all before the announcment was made) or something like that. Is there any truth to that?
I've heard the same thing from multiple sources. Were it to be true, it would deem every single result completely inaccurate... and rather embarrassing.
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Website: Kanzenshuu |] ::
:: [| AMVs: Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: Flashback (July 2022) |] ::

HurQlez03
Org Profile

Post by HurQlez03 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:49 pm

No wonder the coordinator of the event was fired.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:01 am

Um, you <i>do</i> realize that the coordinator of the event is sitting right up there at the top of this thread, right?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:17 am

aluminumstudios wrote:I had heard a rumor that not all of the votes were counted, that 1 hr before the videos were announced at the 8:00pm panel sat. that only 1/3 of the votes had been counted (thus it being impossible to count them all before the announcment was made) or something like that. Is there any truth to that?
if this was the case, it would seem rather suspicious that the scores conviniently disapeared at the time he posted these results..... Not particularly pointing any fingers of blame or anything, but..... chotto ayashi ne....
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:20 am

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] wrote:if this was the case, it would seem rather suspicious that the scores conviniently disapeared at the time he posted these results..... Not particularly pointing any fingers of blame or anything, but..... chotto ayashi ne....
A bunch of us had seen the tallies at the con, so we know they existed then.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:29 am

Scintilla wrote:A bunch of us had seen the tallies at the con, so we know they existed then.
Even so, what we saw would still only consist of this "1/3 of the ballots actually counted," rather than the full amount.
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Website: Kanzenshuu |] ::
:: [| AMVs: Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: Flashback (July 2022) |] ::

HurQlez03
Org Profile

Post by HurQlez03 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:07 am

Scintilla wrote:Um, you <i>do</i> realize that the coordinator of the event is sitting right up there at the top of this thread, right?
Well then, who got fired from Otakon?

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:27 am

HurQlez03 wrote:Well then, who got fired from Otakon?
He did.

Return to “AMV Contests”