unnoficial AWA contest results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:55 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:Ok, I wasn't at the VAT closing at all and I didn't know that the guest awards were being given out there.

Appearently my Berserk video in Pro (set to Unforgiven) won something and I only found out on my way to the airport. Would someone who was there mind telling me which guest it was and under what criteria was the award I won?
I'm at Lee's house (SnhKnives), and I just asked him if he remembered who gave it to you. For some reason, we think it was Vlad who gave it to you. Meri gave me her guest award for my Naruto/Hellbent video, called the HOOOOOOOOOOOLY CRAP ANGST Award.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:56 pm

You choose Sam,the rest wrote:
DJ_Izumi wrote:I WON! I WON! I won the first convention I ever submitted to! I'm the greatest!!! I'M BETTER THAN YCSTR!!! ^_________________^
I also won the first time I entered...... :roll:
Dude, they were doing highlights of the past years, and of three videos for 2002, Eva-Man was played.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

kholaras
Org Profile

Post by kholaras » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:01 pm

As a VAT staffer you can probably consider the following list as 'official.' I had the fun duty of secretary during the judging sessions :)

Expo Winners

Grand Prize - Nemutai Yatsura - Lee "Lostboy" Thompson

Drama - Versailles Paradise - Graven Image

Trailer - Mireille Bouquet: Noir Raider - DJ Izumi's SynMedia/Jamie Veenkamp

Romance - Insomnia - Jani Kauppila

Sentimental - Oratorio of Ghibli - AuN Studios

Parody - Rock Lee: Mentos Spokesperson - Dark Side Productions

Comedy - Naruto's United States of Whatever! - Mindwarp Entertainment

Pop Will Eat Itself - OMG Du Hast - Mr. Pilkington

Dance - Ah! My Destiny - GAS

Instrumental - Absolution - Allegretto Productions

Fun/Upbeat - A Perfect Day - Thomas Hare

Tech - Images - NHMK

Action - Matrix Opus - Wuwu

Twisted - An AMV Travesty - Joe Rice

Live Action - Peninsula Pomegranate Pendegrass - Kusoyaro Productions

Artistic - Key of Time - Alberto Gonzalez

Fight - Kill Spike - Tyler

Nostalgia - Only Time Will Tell - Studio Tarantella

Character Profile - The Hawk's Tallon: Judeau - Jeff Hudecek

I think all but twisted were shown at the ceremonies. AuN's pro list looks complete but I'll double check it in the morning when I'm coherent if nobody beats me to it.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:36 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:Ok, I wasn't at the VAT closing at all and I didn't know that the guest awards were being given out there.

Appearently my Berserk video in Pro (set to Unforgiven) won something and I only found out on my way to the airport. Would someone who was there mind telling me which guest it was and under what criteria was the award I won?
Actually, you got two VAT awards... One for your Evangelion Comedy in Expo from Absolute Destiny and the Other from Me for Berserk :wink:

Vlad

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:03 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:

Actually, you got two VAT awards... One for your Evangelion Comedy in Expo from Absolute Destiny and the Other from Me for Berserk :wink:

Vlad
Ah, so i did remember correctly

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:25 pm

kholaras wrote: Action - Matrix Opus - Wuwu
He's still got it!
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:30 pm

SSJVegita0609 wrote:I demand more Expo results! RAWR!

Was there any sort of character profile award in expo?
As people already said, you won an Expo award. I was quite impressed with it and really enjoyed it. I was debating giving it my VAT Guest award until it already won something ;).

Easily one of the best Berserk videos I've ever seen.

:up:

I imagine Wagner will post something with *all* the awards, including the VAT Guest Awards and Fan Favorite. Just give him time to recover ;).
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:32 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:

Vlad
O_o

Damn, if only the program had said that these would be given out at closing, I would have gone, as it was the program only said it was a post-con VAT gripe session. With no real complaints about the VAT I didn't think it would be worth my time to go.

Was there anything that was supposed to go with these awards? Patrick is sending me something from the con I need and I could have him send it with it if that's the case. That is if he hasn't had a nervous breakdown by now.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:35 pm

Instrumental - Absolution - Allegretto Productions
This video was great! It's one of the few of the videos on the list that I'd seen before hand, I'm glad to see it up with the winners.

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:40 pm

dwchang wrote:
SSJVegita0609 wrote:I demand more Expo results! RAWR!

Was there any sort of character profile award in expo?
As people already said, you won an Expo award. I was quite impressed with it and really enjoyed it. I was debating giving it my VAT Guest award until it already won something ;).

Easily one of the best Berserk videos I've ever seen.

:up:
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Return to “AMV Contests”