Nan Desu Kan

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:24 pm

Yay! Thanks so much for the info, I look forward to hearing your con report if you decide to make it :D

Congrats to all the winners!
godix wrote:Free sausage. No conditions. No tricks. To the best of my ability I will give anyone a sausage on anything they ask for. I'm not kidding here, I'll do as many sausage as I can.
Check out my deviantART!

Godaistudios
Org Profile

Post by Godaistudios » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:29 am

Tsunami Jones wrote:The contest was decent, and went pretty well besides from a few problems. One of the problems was due to the "simulcast" crap that they have to do because the crowd won't fit into one room, and the equipment they were using to do this messed up, and one of the rooms lost their sound (the contest was replayed for them later). The other was that, on one video (which happened to be one of mine) the quality got digitally curb stomped. I don't know what happened, but it just shows me that I really need to get around to getting an MPEG2 encoder. Anyway, here's the winners:

Game Music Video Award:

Alan (Psygnius)----- (I missed his last name, and went I asked the co-ordinator for it, she wouldn't give it to me :( ) for Music Gets the Best of Yuna

General Awards:

Jason Schaffer (GreenJinjo) for:

Advance Wars 3: Evangelion Commercial Re-Hack

Transcendi

and Fuyutsuki Fluffy

Afleck Plays the Shark (this is a two-man creative team, and, like Alan up there, I was unable to get their names from the co-ordinator) for:

Clocks - Spirited Away

and Lost Boys Calling -End of Evangelion

Affleck Plays the Shark is actually more than two people, but even so, the two people that were up there were Phil Hughes, and Brian Wenrich. Just got back from Denver, so we're all pretty tired. Had some interesting conversations about future video possibilties though, so who knows what will come next. :)

Phil did the Spirited Away video, and Brian did the Eva vid.

Anyway, the vids should be up on the site sometime soon, as soon as my roommate (who is another member of the collective team) gets them re-encoded.

Anyway, congratulations to all the winners. :)

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:10 pm

greenjinjo wrote:Yay! Thanks so much for the info, I look forward to hearing your con report if you decide to make it :D
It's in my sig. Nothing too great. If you have any other questions (as I don't cover anything that I probably should; I was very tired when I wrote it) like crowd reactions etc. feel free to ask.
Godaistudios wrote:Affleck Plays the Shark is actually more than two people, but even so, the two people that were up there were Phil Hughes, and Brian Wenrich
Ah. Well, I was just going off of what Wynette said at the awards, and thanks btw for getting their names up, since I was unable to retrieve them :x (this is because they said they'd have their names up on the website soon. Last year it took over 3 weeks :? , and I'll be surprised if they even manage to get them up in a couple days).

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:43 pm

Tsunami Jones wrote:It's in my sig. Nothing too great. If you have any other questions (as I don't cover anything that I probably should; I was very tired when I wrote it) like crowd reactions etc. feel free to ask.
Yeah lol I saw that right after I posted :D

Yeah, sure, how'd the crowd react to Advance Wars out of curiousity? Thanks!
godix wrote:Free sausage. No conditions. No tricks. To the best of my ability I will give anyone a sausage on anything they ask for. I'm not kidding here, I'll do as many sausage as I can.
Check out my deviantART!

Godaistudios
Org Profile

Post by Godaistudios » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:53 pm

greenjinjo wrote:
Tsunami Jones wrote:It's in my sig. Nothing too great. If you have any other questions (as I don't cover anything that I probably should; I was very tired when I wrote it) like crowd reactions etc. feel free to ask.
Yeah lol I saw that right after I posted :D

Yeah, sure, how'd the crowd react to Advance Wars out of curiousity? Thanks!
We all laughed a lot on that one. The crowd loved it. In fact, it came in 2nd place in the amount of votes for audience favorite. :)

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:58 pm

Awesome, thanks! :) Glad it made some people laugh, it did what it set out to do :D
Check out my deviantART!

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:57 pm

greenjinjo wrote:Awesome, thanks! :) Glad it made some people laugh, it did what it set out to do :D

Even besides that, I'd say that it was the best vid in the contest.

bawenrich
Org Profile

Post by bawenrich » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:33 pm

Godaistudios wrote:
Tsunami Jones wrote:Afleck Plays the Shark (this is a two-man creative team, and, like Alan up there, I was unable to get their names from the co-ordinator) for:

Clocks - Spirited Away

and Lost Boys Calling -End of Evangelion
Affleck Plays the Shark is actually more than two people, but even so, the two people that were up there were Phil Hughes, and Brian Wenrich. Just got back from Denver, so we're all pretty tired. Had some interesting conversations about future video possibilties though, so who knows what will come next. :)

Phil did the Spirited Away video, and Brian did the Eva vid.

Anyway, the vids should be up on the site sometime soon, as soon as my roommate (who is another member of the collective team) gets them re-encoded.

Anyway, congratulations to all the winners. :)
Thanks for getting that up for us Ron! Ya the Advance Wars Vid was Rad, a little ahead of what we can do at Affleck Plays the Shark so far. Big props have to be given to the audience fave of Golden Rhapsody, that was quite an undertaking. We had 3 Videos but they didn't get the third one (Toxic angel by Joseph Arthur to production IG's anime from Kill Bill Vol 1) to show in the contest. We will have them up on the site soon thanks to Pat, Ron's Roommate and one of the 3 people that are directly involved with Affleck Plays the Shark so far. Since I'm posting on here I might as well say ... Check out our online Comic @ www.happyworldofbunnies.com.

Godaistudios
Org Profile

Post by Godaistudios » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:12 pm

Just so you realize... I do plan on being the fourth member of that collective team. ;)

I've decided my next project will be to start working on the videos... I just need to organize the stuff in my brain and go with it.

nuw15h4
Org Profile

Post by nuw15h4 » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:49 am

I'm Patrick the third guy of Affleck Plays the Shark... I'm working on getting the videos set for you all to download... (all 3 videos) applause out to all the winners... Hopefully I will have a video of my own at next year's NDK...

Return to “AMV Contests”