Head count for AWA :D

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Skeebadeetz
Org Profile

Post by Skeebadeetz » Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:28 pm

I hope to meet a couple of you folks up there. Although, I plan to get around to a lot more than the VAT room unlike last year..... heh. There weren't many new things for me to see. Not to mention the game room blew.

Make sure anyone who will be in ATL Thursday night get with the rest of us so we can do the pre-org dinner that's been oh-so mentioned.
There is nothing wrong with sin that cannot be fixed with right.
~~Initec Studios 2001 and beyond~~

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:27 pm

AWA :cry:
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Sun Aug 18, 2002 10:35 am

Skeebadeetz wrote: Look at my pretty avatar.
Best avatar ever! ^_^

aluminumstudios
Org Profile

Post by aluminumstudios » Sun Sep 08, 2002 7:39 pm

Machine - Unfortuantly, I already had 1 AMV creator tell me that he doesnt want to be anywhere near my camera.

I guess he thinks he's too good for the last Doc or something....
But I'm sure I'll still get him on camera....
No Machine, I just saw how childish and immature your Ushicon documentry was and was turned off by it.

~William Milberry
Aluminum Studios
~William Milberry
Aluminum Studios
http://www.aluminumstudios.com

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Sun Sep 08, 2002 11:28 pm

aluminumstudios wrote: No Machine, I just saw how childish and immature your Ushicon documentry was and was turned off by it.

~William Milberry
Aluminum Studios

Hahaha, I guess you didnt even watch Anime Expo's or Akon's. Those will turn you on with a hard on :lol:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Sep 08, 2002 11:29 pm

Machine wrote:
aluminumstudios wrote: No Machine, I just saw how childish and immature your Ushicon documentry was and was turned off by it.

~William Milberry
Aluminum Studios

Hahaha, I guess you didnt even watch Anime Expo's or Akon's. Those will turn you on with a hard on :lol:
Akon's! :D
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Dugan
Org Profile

Post by Dugan » Mon Sep 09, 2002 12:05 am

This time, Carlos, how about emailing everyone you've filmed, and then asking them whether or not they want you to cut them into your documentary?

aluminumstudios
Org Profile

Post by aluminumstudios » Mon Sep 09, 2002 7:20 am

No I didn't.

Being on camera isn't my thing. Please respect that and don't give me a tough time.
~William Milberry
Aluminum Studios
http://www.aluminumstudios.com

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Mon Sep 09, 2002 8:05 am

When someone goes to a conference, they typically sign/agree to some sort of agreement saying that they acknowledge that they may get filmed/photographed/etc. at some point in the con.

Seriously, one can't go to a gathering of thousands of people with prior knowledge that photography/filming will be taking place and then insist that they never appear on film, even in the background.
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

Dugan
Org Profile

Post by Dugan » Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:33 am

I disagree. It is NOT too much to ask Machine not to film you. And since he's editing the final film together, it is certainly NOT too much to ask him not to cut footage of you into the released film.

After seeing the Ushicon "documentary" (in which Machine actually makes fun of a girl's breast size), I wouldn't want to be one of his "documentaries" either.

I'll give you all a hint: what's the difference between AWA Badboys and the Ushicon video? AWA Badboys was made with the consent of all involved.

Return to “AMV Contests”