AFO5 AMV Contest Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
efathefinger
Org Profile

AFO5 AMV Contest Results

Post by efathefinger » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:23 am

Here are our winners for this year:

Drama / Romance
Jason Sadeghi / Studio Psianide
Gravedigger by Dave Matthews Band
Witch Hunter Robin

Comedy / Parody
Joslyn FitzGerald / Aqua Sky Productions
Kids Book by Homestarrunner.com
Various

Action
Luis J Hernandez / LJ Productions
Running From Me by Trust Company
Animatrix

Best of Show
Leah N Morse / OAS
So Far Away by Stabbing Westward
Kare Kano

Fan Favorite
Brandy Tiroletto (Tutterbutter)
Kill Bill Trailer
Tenchi in Tokyo

Congrats to all the winners, and I'm looking forward to next year.
Eric Wampner
AFO5 AMV Contest Host

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:34 pm

congrats everyone!

by the way, how was the hentai thing? did people like out vids?

efathefinger
Org Profile

Post by efathefinger » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:33 pm

Yes, people were expecting more pr0n and less of the funny stuff. I showed a lot of light fare, people seemed unhappy with it.

I ran Secks is Fun, Relax, and about 1/3rd of the a girl with pretty eyes video. Thats about all of that one I can take, but people were asking for it by name.

Oh well, I'm not interested in running a public masturbation room, so I'm not sure what I'll do next year.

efathefinger
Org Profile

Post by efathefinger » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:34 pm

efathefinger wrote: I ran Secks is Fun, Relax, and about 1/3rd of the a girl with pretty eyes video. Thats about all of that one I can take, but people were asking for it by name.
Thats not what I wrote. WTF?

AquaSky
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by AquaSky » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:52 pm

efathefinger wrote:Thats not what I wrote. WTF?
Eh heh, the forum automatically censors the word "a girl with pretty eyes" (to prevent people from posting links to that site, I'd guess).

Anyway, yeah, the contest was great. It's one of the few cons where I found a lot of videos that I genuinely enjoyed. Congrats to the winners, especially Leah and tutter, those were some awesome vids. Can't wait to see what everyone'll come out with for AFO6.

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:56 pm

efathefinger wrote:Yes, people were expecting more pr0n and less of the funny stuff. I showed a lot of light fare, people seemed unhappy with it.

I ran Secks is Fun, Relax, and about 1/3rd of the a girl with pretty eyes video. Thats about all of that one I can take, but people were asking for it by name.

Oh well, I'm not interested in running a public masturbation room, so I'm not sure what I'll do next year.
which Relax vid did you show? My ¿Moneyshot? or MJ's Moneyshot?

and about my I want your secks vid, i had about 10 other hentai vids that were more hentai and less comedy... but i couldnt get them uploaded.. fukin comp... anyways, glad the people hated my vid ^,^

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:29 am

efathefinger wrote: I ran Secks is Fun, Relax, and about 1/3rd of the a girl with pretty eyes video. Thats about all of that one I can take
:roll:

efathefinger
Org Profile

Post by efathefinger » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:12 am

AMV_4000 wrote: which Relax vid did you show? My ¿Moneyshot? or MJ's Moneyshot?

and about my I want your secks vid, i had about 10 other hentai vids that were more hentai and less comedy... but i couldnt get them uploaded.. fukin comp... anyways, glad the people hated my vid ^,^
No, people liked Secks, it was the second video, but the first which had lots of smut.

I showed MJ's moneyshot, after all, it won the AFO4 Adult AMV contest.

The only video which got booed was Corporate Sex Slave, but thats cause its Yaoi. I like that video (it makes the homophobes squirm), but it was too long, so I chopped it at the 1/2 mark.

anneke
Org Profile

Post by anneke » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:06 pm

You chopped it half way through...but that's when it just starts to get good. (tragic pose). (grin) Anyways, thanks for showing the video. There is an 'edited' version which should be less offensive to homophobes, but then they are good at filling in the blanks (shrugs).

Anneke
http://www.bakadeshiproductions.com
(Stop by for a different Video each month...)

efathefinger
Org Profile

Post by efathefinger » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:47 pm

anneke wrote:You chopped it half way through...but that's when it just starts to get good. (tragic pose). (grin) Anyways, thanks for showing the video. There is an 'edited' version which should be less offensive to homophobes, but then they are good at filling in the blanks (shrugs).
You're one of those people who says "Hey, you know, that series really gets going around episode 43!"

I ran the edited version, which might be more interesting since it makes you fill in the blanks with your mind. I don't have the un-edited version.

I like the video, but I was juggling time and audience mood. I had to shout down one guy who kept shouting "Next". Damn MST3K for making people feel like their comments are important.

Return to “AMV Contests”