The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v1.0 - WINNER!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Brad
Org Profile

The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v1.0 - WINNER!

Post by Brad » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:54 am

The winner of The Online AMV Iron Chef Tournament v1.0 is TASH! Congratulations!!!

The final match was an absolute doozy. Both videos were absolutely outstanding. As you can read in the Finals thread, the rules were changed up a bit. In this match, both contestants were able to use 3 DVDs as source, and then for the song, instead of editing to one pre-determined song as in the other matches, they were able to pick a song from a list of 15 songs in order to decide which song would best suit their footage, or which song they believed they could edit to the best. Here's the breakdown:

Tash's Anime: Cowboy Bebop Vol. 2, 3, & 4
Tash's Song: The Killers - Midnight Show
Video Length: 1:26

SSJVegita0609's Anime: Bastard!, Rouroni Kenshin OAVs (Trust and Betrayal Directors Cut), & Ninja Scroll
SSJVegita0609's Song: Poison The Well - Artist's Rendering of Me
Video Length: 1:33

Editing Time: 3 hours

Hopefully they'll both post their videos online very soon.

Well folks, that wraps it up for the first Online AMV Iron Chef tournament. I for one had a wonderful time running this and I hope you all had fun :) I also hope that this experience has in some way helped you expand your editing skills in any way. I know for many of the contestants, they had never Iron Chef'd before this, and they ended up loving it.

Now, before the question even comes up, YES there will be a 2nd tournament. Though I don't think I will be starting it until after all the AWA deadlines are up (including Expo). I'd rather not distract from that. Plus I have some new things I'd like to have in place before the next tournament. However those of you who participated this time around, I would love to see you back for more action, and of course we need to get some new blood in here. I do plan on having it be more than just 16 people.

Well, all that's left is for Tash to claim his prize (which I will probably talk to him about privately). Though feel free to suggest to him DVDs that you think he should get :o

Anyways! Take care everyone, and I'll see you at v2.0!!
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:55 am

LIES ! it was rigged ! I won !! me ememememe !! |:

.. I mean congrats : ] ! Nicely done u 2 !
Hi.

Pie Row Maniac
Org Profile

Post by Pie Row Maniac » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:57 am

Thanks for your effort guys. :)

Legendary good times... :up:
Image Image

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:57 am

Congrats :O Both videos rawked :O

Pwolf

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:59 am

ALSO!! Almost forgot. Many many many thanks to my ever helpful judges, Koopiskeva, Pwolf, and Pie Row Maniac :) Couldn't have done it without ya!

Plus a thanks to Devolution who stepped in at Round 2 to help me administer some of the matches that I was unable to be around for. Your help was much greatly appreciated!

And, I meant to post a link to the Finals thread in the first post. Mah bad :o...
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Tash
Org Profile

Post by Tash » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:52 am

:D :D :D

This was seriously really close...even ask the judges.

But me and ssj know we had fun either way!

Time for the video!
http://animemusicvideos.org/members/mem ... hp?v=45108
Just gotta say this song rocks!!
I listened to about 3 songs out of the 15 or so, and this one just stuck to me when I heard it. Gonna buy the CD, and if any other songs rock like this one, I may do an amv!

I also kinda screwed up on post-preperation :) right before we started, I noticed that cd 2 and 3 were the same thing! So I really only worked with the first two. Still it worked out fine with all the great scenes from jupiter blues.
Good times though...I have SSJ uploaded as well but he said he was gonna do it local.
Thanks judges

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:00 am

Congrats Tash, regardless of the loss I had a whole lot of fun participating in this tourney and I would love to do more Iron Chef in the future. My vid's uploading now. :wink:

Go watch Tash's people, it's sexy to the max (aside from nekkid Grin *shudders*).
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Tash
Org Profile

Post by Tash » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:08 am

Oh yeah I put a Mpg for slow comps. My AVIs seem to be so damanding :?

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:28 am

The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:24 pm

Boo. You guys should have used the Dueling Banjos :P Nice videos though, both of you. :)

What anime do you guys plan to get?

Return to “AMV Contests”