General discussion of Anime Music Videos
bum
Org Profile

Post by bum » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:35 am

so where's the site ?

themaan
Org Profile

Post by themaan » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:07 pm

It's not finished, I'll post up here when it is ready, okay!
Image Appeared on RDS 2/2/05

TheKorovaMilkbar
Org Profile

Post by TheKorovaMilkbar » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:08 pm

This is a great idea, since most AMVers have certain strengths and certain weaknesses. One editors weakness in one area can be weeded out by another who's strength is in that same area.

Good job for the post themaan 8)
Member of Rei's "NemoSperry is a stupid noob-snob, cynic, unfounded-elitist, and overall hateful person that wouldn't know what constructive criticism is even if he was hit by a constructive brick" Club. Join Today! 8-)

bum
Org Profile

Post by bum » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:19 pm

TheKorovaMilkbar wrote:This is a great idea, since most AMVers have certain strengths and certain weaknesses. One editors weakness in one area can be weeded out by another who's strength is in that same area.
thats why your supose to OP amv's , so you can tell a creator thier weaknesses and help them to overcome them

TheKorovaMilkbar
Org Profile

Post by TheKorovaMilkbar » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:33 pm

thats why your supose to OP amv's , so you can tell a creator thier weaknesses and help them to overcome them
Yes, that always helps, but a big part of how people create things is based on their style. Giving them tips may fix a few things, but their weakness is usually incorporated into their style and is not so easy to permanently overcome.

But then, time and experience fixes that, doesn't it? :wink:
Member of Rei's "NemoSperry is a stupid noob-snob, cynic, unfounded-elitist, and overall hateful person that wouldn't know what constructive criticism is even if he was hit by a constructive brick" Club. Join Today! 8-)

bum
Org Profile

Post by bum » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:15 pm

this coming from someone who probaly hasnt made any amv's, and hasnt given any OP's ? is it just me or is this a case being new at something yet talking as if your fluent in the subject

AMVfreak
Org Profile

Post by AMVfreak » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:00 pm

bum wrote:this coming from someone who probaly hasnt made any amv's, and hasnt given any OP's ? is it just me or is this a case being new at something yet talking as if your fluent in the subject

lol.....
Lurid Enchantment - ICYCLOUD
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

themaan
Org Profile

Post by themaan » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:25 pm

Hey everyone, just letting you know that the site with all the info on this project is now up!

It's at
http://animereloaded.4t.com/
go check it out!

bum
Org Profile

Post by bum » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:42 pm

its a bit harsh to ask people to send in uncompressed or huffyuv video, as this will be a real chore for anyone using 56k. using something like 1.5mbps xvid is good and should turn out fine when recompressed (if done properly, with multipass encoding and stuff).

also, you should divide the song into individual sections yourself and have them available for download instead of the whole song as one big thing. people deciding exactly what point/s of a song they wana use will just lead to confusion and clashes between people.

oh and www.fuitadnet.com 5GB space and 40GB bandwidth $10 a month. if you can afford to reguraly buy anime dvd's/music cd's and own a mid/high end video editor, then $10 a month is nothing. if anything it'l show that your dedicated to doing this.

themaan
Org Profile

Post by themaan » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:51 pm

bum wrote:its a bit harsh to ask people to send in uncompressed or huffyuv video, as this will be a real chore for anyone using 56k. using something like 1.5mbps xvid is good and should turn out fine when recompressed (if done properly, with multipass encoding and stuff).

also, you should divide the song into individual sections yourself and have them available for download instead of the whole song as one big thing. people deciding exactly what point/s of a song they wana use will just lead to confusion and clashes between people.

oh and www.fuitadnet.com 5GB space and 40GB bandwidth $10 a month. if you can afford to reguraly buy anime dvd's/music cd's and own a mid/high end video editor, then $10 a month is nothing. if anything it'l show that your dedicated to doing this.
Well, thanks for your suggestion but I think that it is working fine as it is now. I am completely dedicated to this project but I simply am not going to pay for space on the internet. I don't know exactly how MSN works when it comes to sending files, but I have a high-speed internet connection and uploading via ftp or html will still take time anyway. Your not running this AMV here and MSN is all I can do right now.

Return to “General AMV”