Anime North 2004 Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:20 pm

dwchang wrote:
That kusoyaro feller is just a person focused on winning awards :roll: You don't wanna be in the same boat as him ;).

:lol:

Well, it's better than having that silly video of yours as your funeral song :P

Vlad

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:25 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
dwchang wrote:
That kusoyaro feller is just a person focused on winning awards :roll: You don't wanna be in the same boat as him ;).

:lol:

Well, it's better than having that silly video of yours as your funeral song :P

Vlad
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

At least mine isn't something by the Village People ;)
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:50 pm

dwchang wrote: This is coming from Mr. "I already won at Animazement and submitted to Otakon'04?" :lol:
Feh. I submitted to Otakon a while back, and submitted to Animazement at the last second because they needed more videos. Yo you know that :roll:
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:57 pm

Kusoyaro wrote:
dwchang wrote: This is coming from Mr. "I already won at Animazement and submitted to Otakon'04?" :lol:
Feh. I submitted to Otakon a while back, and submitted to Animazement at the last second because they needed more videos. Yo you know that :roll:
Yeah and you know that I submitted mine prior to knowing Sakuracon's results and because Tim asked me to...yo.

Don't roll your eyes at me :roll:

Go play some City of Heros or something >_>
-Daniel

Initial B
Org Profile

Post by Initial B » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:13 pm

Janzki wrote:
Initial B wrote:Criterion Award for Editing
"Space Invaders" - Jani Kauppila (Arctic Tribe)
Music: Space Invaders - Hit 'n Hide
Footage: Crest of the Stars, Space Invaders (SNES game)
8)

The actual title is "Alien Attack!" btw. ^^;
:shock: Ack! <checks the title on the award>
Phew, at least the right title is on the award. That's what you get for posting past midnight suffering from a virus. Everone who won an award but could not attend will be receiving it by mail, hopefully in 4-6 weeks...

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:36 pm

Initial B wrote::shock: Ack! <checks the title on the award>
Phew, at least the right title is on the award. That's what you get for posting past midnight suffering from a virus. Everone who won an award but could not attend will be receiving it by mail, hopefully in 4-6 weeks...
Thanks. I hope you'll get better soon. :)

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:41 am

Kusoyaro wrote:TROLL!!! :evil:
I thought this was aimed at me, but if you want to take the heat, dW, that's fine by me. :D

It's true I sent that one vid to three contests, but the copies were all mailed out before the first of the three even took place. (Latest deadline was 5/12 (AX); ACen happened on 5/14, AN on 5/21.)

Now I'm in the same boat as last year when my AN vid won and I allowed James and Kat (AX staff) to remove it from the AX contest. (I don't know if they did, but it wasn't in the finals.)

This time, I'm just going to let it ride. Last year, people said I should have let it go, and XStylus went on a rant, not about my vid, but about the concept in general.

So, whatever. If it makes it, fine; if not, that's ok, too.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:46 am

Have to double-post to recommend you guys see the winning video, Anamorphic's Delirium. (Can't tell if it's supposed to be "Delerium" or "Delirium".)

I sitting here comparing it to Euphoria, Rhythm Animation, and Soul of an Angel. It's an amazing piece of eye-candy.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:14 pm

TaranT wrote:
Kusoyaro wrote:TROLL!!! :evil:
I thought this was aimed at me, but if you want to take the heat, dW, that's fine by me. :D

It's true I sent that one vid to three contests, but the copies were all mailed out before the first of the three even took place. (Latest deadline was 5/12 (AX); ACen happened on 5/14, AN on 5/21.)

Now I'm in the same boat as last year when my AN vid won and I allowed James and Kat (AX staff) to remove it from the AX contest. (I don't know if they did, but it wasn't in the finals.)

This time, I'm just going to let it ride. Last year, people said I should have let it go, and XStylus went on a rant, not about my vid, but about the concept in general.

So, whatever. If it makes it, fine; if not, that's ok, too.
Nah I'm pretty sure he was talking to me. Hisen likes being an ass to me :cry: :cry: :cry:

As for justifying your choices, don't worry about it. A) That's not bad at all and B) if it were, it's your perogative. Good luck at AX!
-Daniel

Anamorphic Productions
Org Profile

^^;;;

Post by Anamorphic Productions » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:21 am

TaranT wrote:Have to double-post to recommend you guys see the winning video, Anamorphic's Delirium. (Can't tell if it's supposed to be "Delerium" or "Delirium".)

I sitting here comparing it to Euphoria, Rhythm Animation, and Soul of an Angel. It's an amazing piece of eye-candy.
^^ Thank you! Having it compared to those amazing pieces makes me all warm and stupid inside. ^^
BTW, the Delirium, Delerium thing comes entirely from NOT realizing I was spelling Delirium wrong.. for three months. I found out about 30 minutes after posting the video, so I could change the listed name, but not the file name.
Baka me.
Ah well, it's been extremely well recieved, and I LOVE my video and am very happy with it (a first for both counts), so I can't complain. i hope to enter it to CN Anime's AMV contest. I wish i could show it to the Otakon/AX crews, but I still have issues with encoding that mean I won't ever submit outside of Canada until I fix them.
Thanks for the vote! I hope you like next year's AMV as much!

Return to “AMV Contests”