Anime Boston's AMV contest report?

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Skrasis
Org Profile

Post by Skrasis » Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:54 pm

would it be possible for the people that were in the finalists to get copies of the AB2004 amv contest??? ; ) That would be great! considering some of the finalists couldn't be there due to location. Myself included.

Skrasis

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:04 pm

Skrasis wrote:would it be possible for the people that were in the finalists to get copies of the AB2004 amv contest??? ; ) That would be great! considering some of the finalists couldn't be there due to location. Myself included.

Skrasis
Patrick isn't doing VHS copies this year. Wait till amv-contest-lists.org updates, they'll have 'Org links to all the vids in the finals.

-DOKool

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:54 am

dokool wrote:...Wait till amv-contest-lists.org updates, they'll have 'Org links to all the vids in the finals.
Turboneko put up links to the winners (see above), and that's all the info I have right now. There's an AB2004 page up now (use the link in my sig)...I'll update it if or when more information gets posted.

OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:42 am

dokool wrote:
bote wrote::o Who else entered in "Masters"?
TaranT had a Porco Rosso video, and Tom the Fish had two videos (No Need To Feel Down and another FLCL vid I can't remember)

Hmm, Tom winning Best Comedy and Best in Show. Sounds familiar...

In any case, congrats to ALL the finalists AND all the winners.

Also, there were TWO, count'm, TWO Iron Chef events between myself and OtakuForLife:

<b>Round One (late Friday night)</b>
Song: The Pillows - Hybrid Rainbow
<b>DOKool</b>: Teknolize Vol 1
<b>OFL</b>: Kino's Journey Vol 1

<b>Winner</b>: OFL by a margin of .4 (Note: These were both purchased the same day in the dealer's room. OFL watched his disc once beforehand, I didn't watch mine at all)

<b>Round Two (Sunday afternoon)</b>
Song: Bjork - Hunter
<b>DOKool</b>: Azumanga Daioh Episode 1
<b>OFL</b>: Abenobashi Episode 11 (first episode on Disc 4)

<b>Winner<b/>: DOKool by a margin of 1.3 (Note: Neither of us had seen the shows at all)

For something that was thrown together in a matter of hours, both events were damned fun, and next year we hope to do it right! Check out the AMV Announcements section for our vids soon...

-DOKool
Two minor corrections, the margin after the first match was double
checked and was 1.68. Two, the judges were tapped in the head during
the second match and wrote W00T and L33T for 0 and 3. I Hardly count
on that type of voting. But, Whatever hope to take my title back at AB2005
John and Bob want to use the second match to fight each other.

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:28 am

TaranT wrote:
dokool wrote:...Wait till amv-contest-lists.org updates, they'll have 'Org links to all the vids in the finals.
Turboneko put up links to the winners (see above), and that's all the info I have right now. There's an AB2004 page up now (use the link in my sig)...I'll update it if or when more information gets posted.
I have a copy of the ballot sitting on my desk, when I'm a bit more awake I'll scan it and email it to you...

-DOKool

phrea_Vicious
Org Profile

Post by phrea_Vicious » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:15 pm

Don't forget, you two, that it's NEXT year that it will count! I want to give a trophy to someone! Not a signed box of pocky. Anyways... the contest between me and John might not happen, since he might not be going next year. That whole, you know, "we all wanted to kill him literally" thing.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:28 pm

dokool wrote:I have a copy of the ballot sitting on my desk, when I'm a bit more awake I'll scan it and email it to you...
Got it. Thanks!
turboneko wrote:Best Drama: Utena video by Alberto Gonzales (sorry, can't remember the title)
"Petals of Change" using Utena footage with "Fading Like a Flower" by Roxette. I can't find it in the database, so there's no link.

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:50 pm

dokool wrote:
TaranT wrote:
I have a copy of the ballot sitting on my desk, when I'm a bit more awake I'll scan it and email it to you...

-DOKool
can I get a copy as well?
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:39 pm

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=36339

Here's the match 2 video I lost with...
The match one entry on my profile screen
won't show up on the upload video screen for some reason.
Probally becuase I used Kino's Journeys to make it :)

Shadow_FF6
Org Profile

Post by Shadow_FF6 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:45 pm

I didn't see the first night, so I don't think I saw any audio problems. In the morning on Saturday though, the fire alarm went off. It kept going off telling us we could return to what we were doing for about 10 minutes, thus ensuring we wouldn't ^_^;;;

Anyway, first time I saw an AMV contest, it was great. Skrasis you got my vote for best of show on the Love Hina video, it was good! Course I forgot to turn in the voting sheet...

Pity there is a 2 week waiting period on Local Downloads though :/ Wish I found out about this website sooner. Ah well, whatcha gonna do. To the finalists; thanks for your cool videos, they were great!
Ted! I just died an Anime death in the sink!

Return to “AMV Contests”