Animated Instrumental Scenes

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Re: Animated Instrumental Scenes

Post by godix » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:05 am

Scintilla wrote:And then in Death and Rebirth, you have a couple of shots featuring Children #1-3 and 5 forming a <s>foursome</s> quartet
Thank you, you have just given me a mental image that I really didn't need. Now I'm going spend the rest of the night wondering if and how anyone could talk Rei into that.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:05 am

godix wrote:Ah, so much for my Arigatomynas taking a rest comment. Nice to see you back.
Heh, I just got sidetracked for a while there. ^_^; But I don't think I have any real orchestras in my vids, maybe a piano...I don't think I have any anime with orchestras - except Sailormoon S (it has a few shots, but I just got that anime a two weeks ago and haven't used it yet). Those shots are of a concert, and are pretty short, but they could work.

Pianos - Quatre plays one as well as a violin in Gundam Wing (Trowa plays a flute in that scene, if you're interested in flutes), and Toya and Eriol (as well as a flashback of Toya's mother) play the piano in Card Captor Sakura. Sailormoon has an interesting 'pipe' instrument in the Sailormoon S movie (the one with the kids). And I think Alan (Sailormoon 'Doomtree' series) plays a flute. >.< I never paid much attention to instruments in anime.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Re: Animated Instrumental Scenes

Post by SarahtheBoring » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:07 am

dokool wrote: Um, maybe Gravitation for the drums? I'm not sure...
Weirdly enough, there are no drummers in Gravitation that I can think of. Three pop bands, no drummers. I guess they all use drum machines. :roll:

That series does have electric guitar, a bit of acoustic guitar, and tons of 80s-style synthesizer-ing and singing.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:08 am

I was thinking of your Evita video although now that I think further that was a ballroom dance scene with no orchestra is sight. Nevermind. That's what I get for posting when I should have gone to bed an hour ago.

rose4emily
Org Profile

Post by rose4emily » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:29 am

damn drum machines (i'm a drummer, so this isn't the first time i've said that).

maybe i should just do a filter to extract the neon colors from dire straits' "money for nothing" video or something like that if i need to, or think more like the blue men and branch out into people hitting stuff with other stuff that would make a lot of noise. or skip the drums. i'm just tired of using the same four clips of haruko from furi kuri and three clips of miyuki from piano to represent entire bands. thank you for the help.

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:27 am

rose4emily wrote:damn drum machines (i'm a drummer, so this isn't the first time i've said that).

maybe i should just do a filter to extract the neon colors from dire straits' "money for nothing" video or something like that if i need to, or think more like the blue men and branch out into people hitting stuff with other stuff that would make a lot of noise. or skip the drums. i'm just tired of using the same four clips of haruko from furi kuri and three clips of miyuki from piano to represent entire bands. thank you for the help.
Check out Nappy's Stop the Rock? for a variety of clips, including one of whatsherface from Tenchi banging on a drum set. There's the one episode of Excel Saga that makes fun of Visual K bands (I think it's somewhere between ep 15 and 20). Doki's L/S/rrrRRRrrr also has some chibi-whatevers playing drums. Also, the Adventures of the Mini Goddesses or whatever it's called (Ah! Chibi-Megami-Sama?) has all of them playing instruments at some point* and may even have a drummer

-DOKool
*Note that I base this entirely off of clips used in AMVs. YMMV.

rose4emily
Org Profile

Post by rose4emily » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:45 am

Thank you for the tips.

lilgumba
Org Profile

Post by lilgumba » Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:34 am

if you needed a few more big o season one has 1 bad sax player and mainly dorothy playing the piano. yami no matsuei (descendants of darkness) has a violin player but it gets a bit bloody. i think there was a band scene in full moon wo sagashite also. revolutionary girl utena has piano playing. in sailor moon mercury plays a harp-like instrument during one of the attacks. definately hit up gravitation for keyboards or guitar for sure. kikaider has a guitar but i never watched enough to see if he plays it. i thought i saw a violin in a whispers of the heart amv. if i come up with any more i'll post.
Image Image

Atvaark
Org Profile

Post by Atvaark » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:15 am

You have tons of pictures of a cello and a whole small orchestra in Isao Takahata's <b>Serohiki no Goshu</b> (<b>Goshu the Cellist</b>).

A very nice movie by the great Takahata.

bubblehead
Org Profile

Post by bubblehead » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:04 pm

there is a whole scene w/ violins in whisper of the heart/if you listen closely

one of the teachers in mermaid melody pichi pichi ptch plays the piano

also, in season 2 of digimon, matt (aka yamato i believe) has a band and in season one he plays the harmonica
My DVDs
http://www.google.co.jp>http://www.google.com
President of the Sequoia High School anime club!
I have a forum now. O.o Rabid Catgirl

Return to “General AMV”