MegaCon 2004 Winners.

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Snackpants
Org Profile

MegaCon 2004 Winners.

Post by Snackpants » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:35 am

Sorry, been alittle while dealing with some Drama here in Florida... *chuckle* when isnt there drama in Florida? :)

Winners for MegaCon '04 were:

Best Comedy and/or Trailer:
Matt Page - Once Upon a Time in Mexico - Trigun

Best Action:
Rozard - Price to Fly - RahXephon

Best Romance:
SnhKnives - Loss - Kenshin OVA

Best of Show:
Brad DeMoss - Don't Want to Miss a Thing - SaiKano

There were no honorable mentions this year. I extended the deadline so that more could participate, and it just caused things to get tighter.

Oh and I got a nice e-mail today... with the following quote...

I read a forum on animemusicvideos.org that said who the "bests" were, but I had trouble believing it because in my opinion(which I'm sure many would agree with) the rumored best in show was rubbish.

and I just have to say... go run your own damn contest.
-Joey Snackpants, Esq.
www.snackpants.org

jbone
Org Profile

Re: MegaCon 2004 Winners.

Post by jbone » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:16 am

Snackpants wrote:Oh and I got a nice e-mail today... with the following quote...

I read a forum on animemusicvideos.org that said who the "bests" were, but I had trouble believing it because in my opinion(which I'm sure many would agree with) the rumored best in show was rubbish.

No, no... he's allowed to think that... just as you're allowed to think that his mom's an ugly whore, and show us those pictures of you fucking her to prove it. :lol:
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:21 am

Lol, good one, Mr. Bone. Your insults are so full of wit.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: MegaCon 2004 Winners.

Post by Scintilla » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:59 am

jbone wrote:
Snackpants wrote:Oh and I got a nice e-mail today... with the following quote...

No, no... he's allowed to think that... just as you're allowed to think that his mom's an ugly whore, and show us those pictures of you fucking her to prove it. :lol:
But why would he <i>want</i> to have done her if she's ugly? :?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:33 pm

so how do we add what awards our video has won to the video description on the org?

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:41 pm

SnhKnives wrote:so how do we add what awards our video has won to the video description on the org?
Uhm...you write it yourself in the video description :-P.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:46 pm

lol, oh ok... I thought maybe someone had devised some kind of plan to add it in there and make it look all cool and stuff?

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:50 pm

SnhKnives wrote:lol, oh ok... I thought maybe someone had devised some kind of plan to add it in there and make it look all cool and stuff?
Well there's too many things that could go wrong with a "official" method. First off, there are just WAY TOO MANY awards and contests lately. If you add in the Online contests, who's to prevent someone from making up an award?

Also how do we get *all* the amv contest coordinators to adhere to such a standard and input the correct results (I imagine we'd need this so it would correlate with what the creator says he won...i.e. verify it). Sure some of the coordinators visit here, but not all of them.

I agree that it'd be cool, but a bit difficult to get running.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:55 pm

dwchang wrote:
SnhKnives wrote:lol, oh ok... I thought maybe someone had devised some kind of plan to add it in there and make it look all cool and stuff?
Well there's too many things that could go wrong with a "official" method. First off, there are just WAY TOO MANY awards and contests lately. If you add in the Online contests, who's to prevent someone from making up an award?

Also how do we get *all* the amv contest coordinators to adhere to such a standard and input the correct results (I imagine we'd need this so it would correlate with what the creator says he won...i.e. verify it). Sure some of the coordinators visit here, but not all of them.

I agree that it'd be cool, but a bit difficult to get running.
Thus the problem with the internet......

But yeah i understa,d and i just got done updating my video pages...

David_Violence
Org Profile

Post by David_Violence » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:26 pm

what

Return to “AMV Contests”