Temp Fix for PremirePro to make avs plugin work

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
SS5_Majin_Bebi
Location: Why? So you can pretend you care? (Brisbane, Australia)
Org Profile

Post by SS5_Majin_Bebi » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:09 am

NicholasDWolfwood wrote:...WTF

You're a stupid moron, Monarch.

All the files under "Source" are....*drum roll* the source code, in case you wanted to compile it yourself. COPYING.txt is the GNU GPL agreement. Readme.html is the file that explains what was fixed etc
He's right Monarch. Funny thing is, I didnt need him to tell me that coz unlike you I'm capable of figuring these things out myself.

Seems you like to give people shit, monarch, both here and in the evangelion threads. Why? You think it makes you cool? Think people respect you? Got a point to prove? Or are you just afraid of looking like a tool when you get something wrong?

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:16 am

Yeah, I figured out for myself what the Source folder was for :roll: . It's the other folder that I have questions about.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:47 am

Oh, wait a minute, the other folder is just a copy of the root Zip file, sans the copy of itself.

What the hell?
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

FallenPhoenix
Org Profile

Post by FallenPhoenix » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:39 pm

I'd just like to say thank you for your hard work, it's payed off for me. No problems to report thus far. 8)

TeddyQ
Org Profile

Does the AVS frameserve plugin work for PPro yet?

Post by TeddyQ » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:50 pm

Hi I use PPro and want to be able to make good looking Xvid AMVs.

However, I got the exact same error as TokyoU15 upon lanching PPro after putting the updated AVS plugin in my PPro plugins folder and installing the latest AMVapp.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or a are PPro users unable to frameserve from AVS for now?

If PPro users are unable to frameserve with AVS, would the workflow for someone wanting to make good looking Xvid videos be something like this?

Rip DVD to VOBs
Turn VOBs to AVIs (DV for long clips or HuffYUV for short clips)
Preprocess as needed with AVS outputting to DV or HuffYUV AVI file
Import to PPro and edit (with what project settings?)
Export AVI (with seperate WAV?) when done editing
Process again as needed with AVS and Encode to Xvid-AVI from Vdub or Nandub

Note that I have a 3Ghz/1GB machine and an ADVC-100 for rendering with, I don't have any speed issues with editing fairly large files. Avoiding all the hoops one has to jump through to use MJPEG while editing would be a time saver for me.

Finally, I was wondering. For those people who have PPro and have instralled the panasonic DV codec for Vdub, does that cause any sorts of problems with PPro or the playing of DV-AVIs in players like windows media player 9?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

--Shayne

Anime2Envy
Org Profile

Post by Anime2Envy » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:29 pm

I assume that you mean the error with the "bad image message". This should have been fixed with the last version released, just read back through the posts and get the latest.

TeddyQ
Org Profile

Post by TeddyQ » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:31 pm

Anime2Envy wrote:I assume that you mean the error with the "bad image message". This should have been fixed with the last version released, just read back through the posts and get the latest.
It turns out I missed the part about having to un/reinstall PPro, then install the .prm before running ppro the first time. It doesn't complain after that. I Haven't yet tried working my way through the guide and actually using it though.

--Shayne

Chocobuddha
Org Profile

Post by Chocobuddha » Sat May 01, 2004 3:05 am

Ooooh, so far, it works NICE! Thanks for making this plugin! ^_____^

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”