Katsucon X AMV Contest Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Freeptop
Org Profile

Post by Freeptop » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:04 am

Hey, I hope I'm not being tacky by popping in here, but I'd like to thank everyone who voted for C&C Productions' "Let This Be The End of Evangelion". It was our first AMV (ever!) and we were just glad that it got shown... we were both blown away by the response it got :oops:
(though my vidding partner wasn't able to make it to Katsucon, I'm glad I was able to be there to hear the audience's reactions).

Congratulations to all the other winners as well! I know that I, for one, am glad to have the DVDs of all the finalists (I think that was the best prize ;) )

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:30 am

This is amazing.... and I didn't even make the final cut! The big guns didn't win this time... surprising considering how well VicBond007 and Hsien Lee did last year. I'm also surprised that VicBond didn't enter "Die Another Day" or "Charcoal Sketched Dreams" in the contest either.

Congratulations to the winners, and best of luck in the coming year for everybody in the upcoming AMV contests.
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:34 am

Brakus wrote:This is amazing.... and I didn't even make the final cut! The big guns didn't win this time... surprising considering how well VicBond007 and Hsien Lee did last year. I'm also surprised that VicBond didn't enter "Die Another Day" or "Charcoal Sketched Dreams" in the contest either.

Congratulations to the winners, and best of luck in the coming year for everybody in the upcoming AMV contests.
Not everyone trolls their videos. Some people just make fun of it like "Its tricky to be a troll." *cough* Bogosort *cough* As a general rule if something of mine wins anywhere I stop submitting it to cons. Except AWA, but that is the one exception.
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

Ayushima
Org Profile

Post by Ayushima » Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:37 pm

Luckily both of my AMVs made it in, but they didn't win. But then again they were my first ones. I guess that's actually a really good thing.

Well OF COURSE Brotherly Love didn't win because NOBODY likes Yugioh
You can't scare me, I read fanfiction!!

SiberWolf
Org Profile

Post by SiberWolf » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:36 am

My video made it in as well, but once again did not win. That's fine though, I'm happy to just get the exposure. I've seen several more downloads, as well as an increased star rating.

Sadly, it seems my next video won't be ready for Tekkoshocon, so I'll be submitting the same video again there (gotta have a video in my hometown for once).

QuistyCat
Org Profile

Post by QuistyCat » Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:34 pm

I had a lot of fun watching the AMVs at Katsucon - there were some really spiff ones! ^_^ I have to say, though, that I was rather disappointed to see that Entry 10-Get Up and Die didn't win anything. That one completely blew me away. I'm just a poor little cosplayer who wants to make videos for now... Hopefully that'll change soon. Anywho, good job all!

Ayushima
Org Profile

Post by Ayushima » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:17 pm

oH, just one more thing...

C&C Productions...

You guys are GODS!! The "end of evagelion" MV ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!
You can't scare me, I read fanfiction!!

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:08 pm

oh wow how did I miss this post.... I wondered how my video did at Katsucon. It was shown I see, didn't expect to win anything, seeing as it was my first video ever, but i'm happy it was shown :)

I didn't get to make it there, didn't get the money to go in time.

How did it go with the audience?
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Return to “AMV Contests”