Middle Tennessee Anime Convention AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Lostboy
Org Profile

Middle Tennessee Anime Convention AMV Contest

Post by Lostboy » Sun Jul 07, 2002 12:57 am

This year at the Middle Tennessee Anime Convention (MTAC), we've got an AMV contest hosted by me! It's my first year as director of the contest, and I would much appreciate it if we received a lot of work from you, my esteemed and talented colleagues. 8)

Please check out the contest info, rules, etc at the following website:
MTAC AMV Contest

The video doesn't have to be brand spanking new, and you don't have to attend the convention to enter. It would be nice if you could come to receive your certificate in person, but hey, if not, I can mail 'em, ya know?

Thus far, I have received only one entry. You don't want to let this guy win all the awards by DEFAULT, do you? :wink:

The deadline for receipt of submissions is July 25th.

Thank you!
Lee "Lostboy" Thompson
AMV Contest Director, MTAC 2002[/url]

NeoGohan
Org Profile

Post by NeoGohan » Sun Jul 07, 2002 2:02 am

Hell, I live in Middle Tennessee. I may submit something, provided its not too old (havent made anything new in a year).

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:46 am

I can send one, maybe two. But they'll be kind of old. The only new one that I have ready-to-go is headed for AWA Masters, so I can't show it anywhere else.

And I don't have any cat videos. Sorry :cry: (...unless the CatBus counts?)

BTW, what's the policy regarding bumpers?

tetsuo93108
Org Profile

count me in

Post by tetsuo93108 » Sun Jul 07, 2002 7:28 pm

i will submit prolly 3-4 vids. but i will not be able to attend the KON is that ok?? :?

tetsuo93108
Org Profile

sorry

Post by tetsuo93108 » Sun Jul 07, 2002 7:29 pm

did not mean to include the KON thing( i am tired) sorry :x

Lostboy
Org Profile

Answering questions

Post by Lostboy » Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:30 am

The videos don't have to be new, and you don't have to attend the con to enter the contest.

And what do you mean by "bumpers"? Aren't those the little animations before and after commercials during anime tv shows? That's a bit of jargon I have apparently not heard in the context of AMV contests before.

TaranT
Org Profile

Re: Answering questions

Post by TaranT » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:25 pm

Lostboy wrote:The videos don't have to be new, and you don't have to attend the con to enter the contest.

And what do you mean by "bumpers"? Aren't those the little animations before and after commercials during anime tv shows? That's a bit of jargon I have apparently not heard in the context of AMV contests before.
That was what the Otakon rules called them, meaning "logos, credits, stingers, etc." (although I have no idea what a "stinger" is). I guess it has to do with whether the contest is using a compilation tape that has a standard label preceding each entry. Sometimes the rules request that there be no titles or anything before the start or after the end of the video. This makes it easier for the contest organizer to make the compilation tape.

Some contests are strict about it; others don't seem to care either way.

Lostboy
Org Profile

Post by Lostboy » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:37 pm

Oh yeah. Sure, include a bumper if you want, as long as it is seperated from the actual video by some black screen. I want at least 30 frames (1 second) of black at the beginning and end of the video itself.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Mon Jul 08, 2002 11:37 pm

Not a problem. I've gotten used to putting 5 to 20 seconds of black space at both ends.

Return to “AMV Contests”