Most Obscure Materials?

Rorschach
Org Profile

Most Obscure Materials?

Post by Rorschach » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:21 pm

Maybe there should be a category for videos which use stuff that's hard to get, largely unknown, or just too weird for most people to use. If, for example, a video were to use a song by Betty Elders (ever hear of her?) and clips from Windaria (can you even get a copy of that these days?), it would be a good nominee for this category.

For extra points, the AMV should be as under-rated as possible. (For best results, in other words, it should have a thousand downloads and no opinions.) I don't have any particular nominee in mind, but I'd like to see whether anyone else does. What's your favorite video that uses stuff no one's ever heard of before now?

J-0080
Org Profile

Post by J-0080 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:46 pm

paizuri wrote:There's also no need for introductions because we're generally a friendly bunch and will welcome you with wide open arms anyway.

LightningCountX
Org Profile

Post by LightningCountX » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:04 am

Rorschach
Org Profile

Post by Rorschach » Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:29 pm

Ve-e-ery funny, wiseguy.

Braveliver
Org Profile

Post by Braveliver » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:11 pm

Well, one of my videos fits the first set of criteria. <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 75">Bright Eyes</a> is one of a very few "Night on the Galactic Railroad" videos out on the Org, and features the obscure song "Bright Eyes" from the movie "Watership Down". Both of these are very obscure, and even the theme of this video is not one touched on very often.

The only thing is that people on the org have responded more to it than I ever expected, and that pleases me very much. Before I knew it I had 7 reviews to the video, and added one myself to explain a particular aspect of the video for those who left a review. Since July it has had only 124 hits, and only 30 downloads, but the reviews so far have been favorable, far more favorable than I ever expected. I never thought it would ever fit any catagory someone would bring up, but I think it would fit this one.
Ah, yah wan tah know how I got mah name do ya? Well now, when I was a wee little tyke of 1 year ah wen a crawling up to a keg o' fire ale an started licken the spout. Mah mother saw meh and says, "Ah what a BraveLiver you got there," an the name stuck.
You can view my videos by <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... ">clicking here</a>. Please leave an opinion. I really want to know what you think.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:04 pm

It's not exactly a video editing skill... you could slap together a vid in five minutes from a super-obscure anime, but does that make it a good video? :?

Braveliver
Org Profile

Post by Braveliver » Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:30 pm

That is so true. That's why I didn't slap something together. I will admit that Bright Eyes is not the best video ever produced, but it was one close to my heart for various reasons. Frankly, using obscure sources was the least thing from my mind when I made it, I made it for myself, and was surprised when other people liked it too. Honestly I thought they would find it slow and depressing, which it is.
Ah, yah wan tah know how I got mah name do ya? Well now, when I was a wee little tyke of 1 year ah wen a crawling up to a keg o' fire ale an started licken the spout. Mah mother saw meh and says, "Ah what a BraveLiver you got there," an the name stuck.
You can view my videos by <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... ">clicking here</a>. Please leave an opinion. I really want to know what you think.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:50 am

Ooh, nothing personal. I was responding to the first post in the thread. Trust me, if I were talking about yours I'd have quoted it. :)

Braveliver
Org Profile

Post by Braveliver » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:11 am

No prob. I didn't think you were talking about me anyway. :wink:

Braveliver
Org Profile

Post by Braveliver » Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:18 am

But there is something about using material not normally used, or in a way not normally approached, such as a Vampire Hunter D video that features nothing but D, but has NO ACTION whatsoever. I won't mention the vid, but you can find it in my video collection by clicking below. (I don't feel like being shameless today.)

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2004”