A letter to my mal-functioning hard drive

This forum is for general self promotion and the like or just to say "Hello".
Chaos Angel
Org Profile

A letter to my mal-functioning hard drive

Post by Chaos Angel » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:06 pm

::clears throat::

WORK RIGHT, YOU SLUT!!!
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:07 pm

:lol:

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:13 pm

Have you updated your software, drivers? Have you checked for system errors? Have you run antivirus and adware/spyware scans? Have you tried minimalizing the amount of software you have installed?
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:36 pm

I find that an animal sacrafice and praying to several unholy gods tends to get my computer to come back to life once it dies. The only real thing you need to worry about then is the consumption of your soul, but it's a minor inconvenience.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:41 pm

CaTaClYsM wrote:I find that an animal sacrafice and praying to several unholy gods tends to get my computer to come back to life once it dies. The only real thing you need to worry about then is the consumption of your soul, but it's a minor inconvenience.
You stated a problem, and i took it seriously, the least i can expect from you is a serious response.

Check your computer's internal battery, if it's older than a year, make sure to make a note to change it, if need be.
Orgasm - It's a Science

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:42 pm

:? I just formatted my desktop because I lost some crucial system files durring a loss of power... I feel you're pain.

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:53 pm

Lyrs wrote:Have you updated your software, drivers? Have you checked for system errors? Have you run antivirus and adware/spyware scans? Have you tried minimalizing the amount of software you have installed?
Yes, uh huh, sure did, a-yup, of course, I needed to delete some of that stuff anyway, and I never thought of the battery, but I have no idea how to get into the power supply and I'd rather not electrocute myself trying it.

Three seperate people (DWChang, Kazz, and Rozard) have told me that it sounds like I need to reformat my hard drive, and I've been wanting a second one anyway, so if nothing else, it's a good excuse to get another one, back up stuff, and reformat the bitch. :D

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:03 pm

Chaos Angel wrote:I never thought of the battery, but I have no idea how to get into the power supply and I'd rather not electrocute myself trying it.
It isn't in the power supply. It is one of those flat, round types of batteries and it is on the motherboard.

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:04 pm

Thanks. Good ideas btw.

As for the battery, it's not located in your power box. It's located on your motherboard, usually in a place nearby your processer.

Unplug your pc, make sure to ground yourself. Once you find it, remove obstructions (video cards, sound cards, etc.). Then, pull out the battery, and repalce with a new one.

However, make sure you have the right size battery.

if you cannot navigate around your computer's internal parts, you'll local hardware store should have operatives who can help you.
Orgasm - It's a Science

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:29 pm

Round, silvery, bout the size of a quarter?

Return to “It's all about me!”