AWA Guest AWARDS ANNOUNCEMENT

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Darkseid
Org Profile

Post by Darkseid » Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:30 pm

Congrats to the winners. These were some good vids.

I am curious when my Macross vid got shown. Trying to see what the audience reaction might've been. Heh.
"Had I known one human's death caused you pain, I would have killed MORE... and kill more I shall!"

jbone
Org Profile

Re: AWA Guest AWARDS ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by jbone » Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:19 pm

MCWagner wrote:Brad DeMoss
Presents his Guest Award
to the video "Blow Blow Buttlord: The Assholder Calypso"
by Jason Scheiner
To the song: "Jump in the Line" by daVinci's Notebook
With footage from the online comic Buttlord GT and Buttlord vs. Mr. Huge
Please verify, but I thought I'd heard he gave it the "Yes, I do totally suck" award, or somesuch?

I never did give an award as a panelist... I never did get my preregistration refund, either. ^^;
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:39 am

dwchang wrote:
mexicanjunior wrote:
Nappy wrote:
MCWagner wrote:Sotero Lopez of Random Variable Productions
Presents his Guest Award
to the video "Drunk With Love"
by Carlos Corall of Mindwarp Entertainment
to the song "He Needs Me" by Shelly Duvall
With footage from His and Hers Circumstances
Thought that award had another name >_>
Indeed, ladies in gentleman....I present the "Carlos Stop Whining" award to Carlos Corral. :lol:
Greatest award title ever. Hopefully Carlos took it all in stride and had fun with it.

Bastard MJ never knew how to apperciate art :P
I thought you would have been a little bit nicer to my FINAL anime music video but I guess you just can't win them all

Kazz
Org Profile

Post by Kazz » Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:55 am

Machine wrote:Bastard MJ never knew how to apperciate art :P
I thought you would have been a little bit nicer to my FINAL anime music video but I guess you just can't win them all
<i>FINAL?</i> You'll be back. They always come back... Someday you'll be screening The Next Big Summer Blockbuster Movie with an AMV at the beginning. ;)

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:46 am

Kazz wrote:
<i>FINAL?</i> You'll be back. They always come back... Someday you'll be screening The Next Big Summer Blockbuster Movie with an AMV at the beginning. ;)
He'll be back, so will you, and you! and especially...... YOU. :twisted:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

MCWagner
Org Profile

Post by MCWagner » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:11 pm

jbone wrote:
MCWagner wrote:Brad DeMoss
Presents his Guest Award
to the video "Blow Blow Buttlord: The Assholder Calypso"
by Jason Scheiner
To the song: "Jump in the Line" by daVinci's Notebook
With footage from the online comic Buttlord GT and Buttlord vs. Mr. Huge
Please verify, but I thought I'd heard he gave it the "Yes, I do totally suck" award, or somesuch?

I never did give an award as a panelist... I never did get my preregistration refund, either. ^^;
a) Not as far as I've got written down, but I was handed a lot of awards that listed stuff like "that one award in pro that....." so AFAIK it might be correct. I need to make a set form for this next year.

b) Dude, I believe in our communique I said you had to come up and tell me. For some reason I thought it was Jeff Heller who'd pre-registered and I had to refund. I had the refund in cash in my pocket the whole con trying to track him down, and he still slipped through my grasp. Then via e-mail he tells me it wasn't him.

So, where am I sending the check?
Als Gregor Samsa eines Morgens aus unruhigen Träumen erwachte, fand er sich in seinem Bett zu einem ungeheueren Ungeziefer verwandelt.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:15 pm

MCWagner wrote:B) Dude, I believe in our communique I said you had to come up and tell me. For some reason I thought it was Jeff Heller who'd pre-registered and I had to refund. I had the refund in cash in my pocket the whole con trying to track him down, and he still slipped through my grasp. Then via e-mail he tells me it wasn't him.

So, where am I sending the check?
Every time I saw you, you looked waaay too busy to worry about it, and I didn't want to bug you in the middle of the con.

Just keep it as my pre-registration for AWA '04. :)
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

MCWagner
Org Profile

Post by MCWagner » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:12 pm

Hmmm....don't think the prices are changing, so that should be good.

I'll check with the registration people to make sure.
Als Gregor Samsa eines Morgens aus unruhigen Träumen erwachte, fand er sich in seinem Bett zu einem ungeheueren Ungeziefer verwandelt.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:36 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Kazz wrote:
He'll be back, so will you, and you! and especially...... YOU. :twisted:
What about you?

Will you be back too or not? :(
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

MCWagner
Org Profile

Post by MCWagner » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:01 am

Quick note of follow-up:

Darkseid: do you mean your pro entry? That was shown in the pro block, IIRC, with all the other competitors. Your "Hulk" trailer from expo got shown during the expo block on Friday.

Prophet DK: Your Trio: Beta vid was shown on Friday during the expo block. Symphony of Key got shown late, late night on Saturday. 'Fraid we didn't have time for the other two...

Return to “AMV Contests”