kazecon results?

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Org Profile

kazecon results?

Post by Farlo » Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:15 am

anyone know the winners?

i know i didnt win, but id like to know if i got any response to my vd, good or bad.

Illia Sadri
Org Profile

Official Kazecon AMV Winners

Post by Illia Sadri » Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:01 am

And it was all in all a fantastic amv contest. The vote between best in show and the best comedy video was seperated by exactly one vote. But all of the categories had a close second place, whcih proved that the competition was great.

Best in Show/Otaku Choice:
Vlad Ponhert - We Want You (in the Navy), Villiage People, In the Navy.
Irresponsible Captain Tylor and Various

Best Comedy:
Tom the Fish - There's No Need to Feel Down, Villiage People, YMCA.
Great Teacher Onizuka and Various

Best Drama:
Nick Rollison - Tomorrow, SR71, Tomorrow
Love Hina

Best Action:
Maximo- Ignored, Linkin Park, Ignored
Full Metal Panic

Anyone else who was in the contest and wanted to know how they did, let me know in private and I will discuss both the crowd and judges reaction to the video.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:02 pm

Holy crap!!!

I never thought I'd see the day where TWO Village People songs won at the same amv contest.

Man, the skating in hell must be pretty good this year.

Illia Sadri
Org Profile

Post by Illia Sadri » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:48 pm

Yeah that was a fantastic irony but both deserved the attention because the YMCA video was simply hilarious while Vlad's was amazingly well done technically.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:31 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:Holy crap!!!

I never thought I'd see the day where TWO Village People songs won at the same amv contest.

Man, the skating in hell must be pretty good this year.
Wow...NO kidding! I guess the only thing left to say is "VILLAGE PEOPLE RULE"

Vlad

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:43 pm

Congrats too everyone... Glad the contest worked out, it's important that the audiance had a good time as well! I'm looking forward in seeing Tom's YMCA video! as well!

BTW, how may entires were there into to the contest.

Vlad

Tom the Fish
Org Profile

Post by Tom the Fish » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:07 pm

Damn it, I was hoping that our two videos would never meet, 'cause your's would kick my ass, Vlad...

I remember when I first saw In the Navy listed for otakon, I thought "Oh crap, Vlad's made a video using the Village People for Yaoicon, too. Not only is it going to be better than mine, his was seen first so everyone will think I'm copying him." Luckily, I was wrong about the Yaoi part. Unluckily, I was right about it being better :D

Congrats!!
Tom

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:49 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:I guess the only thing left to say is "VILLAGE PEOPLE RULE"
That would be a negative sir.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:03 pm

Tom the Fish wrote:Damn it, I was hoping that our two videos would never meet, 'cause your's would kick my ass, Vlad...

I remember when I first saw In the Navy listed for otakon, I thought "Oh crap, Vlad's made a video using the Village People for Yaoicon, too. Not only is it going to be better than mine, his was seen first so everyone will think I'm copying him." Luckily, I was wrong about the Yaoi part. Unluckily, I was right about it being better :D

Congrats!!
Tom
Hi Tom, well mine did really "Kick your ass" since it only win by one vote so your's sound awasome as well! Quite frankly I think it's awsome that we both used the Village people and did such a good job with it!

I think we both came out winners here and I'm glad that the crowed still remembers such an old 80s band! Can't wait to see yours!

Vlad

Illia Sadri
Org Profile

Post by Illia Sadri » Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:00 pm

Oh congrats you guys...... and yes it was great. I don't think ass kicking really counts with that close of a vote. And Vlad.... Irresponsible Captain Tylor rocks.... it needs more good amv's made to it and you sent it to a convention where there were several major Tylor fans on staff ;)

As far as number of entries, it was about 25 or 26 total, all of whcih played. I must appologize for not getting the word out sooner. But I was pleased with the turnout and I heard nothing but good things about the contest from the atendees.

Oh and we also showed nes project at con and those who saw it loved it. In face a couple staffers who were working video room were asking for how to get the thing. So it was good times for amv's

Now if only the rest of the con went so good.... *goes to put ice on my sore cheek and replace the bandage on my finger*

Return to “AMV Contests”