Winners of the AWA Contests: Official Announcement.

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Re: Winners of the AWA Contests: Official Announcement.

Post by Ashyukun » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:09 am

Mr Pilkington wrote:
MCWagner wrote:Fan Favorite (All contests / material this year)

Goes To: AWA VAT Breakdown Techno Rave

Pure gold
I'd second that- this was easily one of the funniest and most clever things I saw at the con. :D
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:14 pm

MCWagner wrote: Best Techno Video Award
Goes to the video "Overdrive"
by Stephen Teusch of Anivision
To the song of the same name by the Artist "Move"
With footage from: Vandread
It's Stephan, Stephan please!
Even the people from Connichi who are German spelled it wrong, dunno...
Anyway, thanks! ;)
Aha..I knew it was too good to be true for Fire to win!
:shock:

*continues celebrating*

Fungie½
Org Profile

Post by Fungie½ » Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:27 pm

Congradulations to all the winners ^_^ Baka Deshi Productions's Expo and Pro videos will be online shortly.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:36 pm

MCWagner wrote:Also, if Jeff Heller will please e-mail me at gte106k@mail.gatech.edu, I believe I have a refund for his membership that I forgot about until now.
*ahem*
...forgetting?

^^;;;
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Post by Dannywilson » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:26 am

jbone wrote:
MCWagner wrote:Also, if Jeff Heller will please e-mail me at gte106k@mail.gatech.edu, I believe I have a refund for his membership that I forgot about until now.
*ahem*
...forgetting?

^^;;;
Hey dude... not to change the subject, but I saw Urban Ragnarok for the first time this weekend, and it fucking blew me away... You sooo don't get the recognition your calibre of editor deserves. Consider me a fanboy now.
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Lostboy
Org Profile

Post by Lostboy » Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:18 am

Pure gold
I'd second that- this was easily one of the funniest and most clever things I saw at the con.
Aw, shucks, you guys. :) Thanks. I'm glad it got the response it did. It was exactly what I hoped it would be. I knew it wasn't likely to win Masters, but a good crowd response was high in my hopes. And I was glad to see it managed to fool people pretty effectively, too. :lol:

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:48 am

Congrats to all the winners, specially Burnt :wink:
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:10 am

MCWagner wrote:Best Comedy Video Award
Goes to the video "The NERV Evening News with Dan Rather"
by Peter-Tom Wolverton aka "Scintilla" of Aquiline Studios
To the song "Rocked by Rape" by The Evolution Control Committee
With footage from Neon Genesis Evangelion
Argh! I'm just now noticing this. My name is Peter Tom-Wolverton. NOTE the placement of the hyphen, <i>please.</i>

I need to stop looking at this thread and start working on another video (so that I don't die of boredom)...
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:44 am

Lostboy wrote:
Pure gold
I'd second that- this was easily one of the funniest and most clever things I saw at the con.
Aw, shucks, you guys. :) Thanks. I'm glad it got the response it did. It was exactly what I hoped it would be. I knew it wasn't likely to win Masters, but a good crowd response was high in my hopes. And I was glad to see it managed to fool people pretty effectively, too. :lol:
Definitely! The first time I saw at the awards ceremony, I was like "O_O I thought they were using a VCR?"

Too bad I never got a chance to talk to you Lee. I meant to, but well...you know AWA :-P

Congrats on a job well done!
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

MCWagner
Org Profile

Post by MCWagner » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:28 pm

dwchang wrote:
Lostboy wrote:
Pure gold
Definitely! The first time I saw at the awards ceremony, I was like "O_O I thought they were using a VCR?"

Too bad I never got a chance to talk to you Lee. I meant to, but well...you know AWA :-P

Congrats on a job well done!
You think you were startled? You shoulda seen the conversation I had with the tech guy running things afterwards. Boy was he surprised....
Als Gregor Samsa eines Morgens aus unruhigen Träumen erwachte, fand er sich in seinem Bett zu einem ungeheueren Ungeziefer verwandelt.

Return to “AMV Contests”