Anime Evolution Results!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:41 am

Thanks to all who entered. And Yes, there were a LOT of fangirls in the audience.. Acutally the AMV track is going GREAT!! about 100-150 people in the room watching AMVs on a 12 foot screen during the day!

And I would say half or more of the audience is female!!! So if you want more fangilrs you guys will have to come up to Anime Evolution next year!!

Vlad

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:41 am

Woohoo! :D

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:50 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:Woohoo! :D
Ironically, someone from the back of the room bood your video after it finished to everyone's amusement!

Vlad

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:11 am

Hey, it wasn't me ! :o
I cancelled half-baked plans to drive up to see the contest today. Family business :P.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:17 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
AbsoluteDestiny wrote:Woohoo! :D
Ironically, someone from the back of the room bood your video after it finished to everyone's amusement
Woohoo!!

About time too :D

wolf_hunter
Org Profile

Post by wolf_hunter » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:32 am

Hitori wrote:
wolf_hunter wrote:
priuscomet wrote:LOL!! XD dude, you're so teh funny...i'll leave that op tonight..LOL

shucks :oops:
You can't beat free ops man!! :D

wow your gona give me an op too!! :twisted:

thanks man :wink:

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Re: Anime Evolution Results!

Post by LantisEscudo » Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:34 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:Best Drama/Romance:
Gods and Mortals - Honou Productions - Ah! My Goddess

Best Artistic:

Judge's Best Overall:
:shock: Holy cow...

I *never* expected to do so well. I was happy just to be in the finals. Just... wow.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:27 pm

Congrats to everyone who won ^_^ I'll probably download some of these later to see what I was beaten by. I'm just glad that I got my video shown. BTW, does anyone know how my video whent over during the contest?
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Animeyume
Org Profile

Post by Animeyume » Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:59 am

The Wired Knight wrote:Congrats to everyone who won ^_^ I'll probably download some of these later to see what I was beaten by. I'm just glad that I got my video shown. BTW, does anyone know how my video whent over during the contest?
If I recall that your video was the Hamster Dance Song then it was pretty funny for everyone whos cheered for it on the reaction on the first seeing of it. I liked it myself.

Grats to those who won. It was good to see everyone submitting those videos. I keep getting word from the con goers still saying next time have the contest longer so we can see all of the videos on the contest next time :) It went really well and those awards are incredible.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:18 pm

Animeyume wrote:
The Wired Knight wrote:Congrats to everyone who won ^_^ I'll probably download some of these later to see what I was beaten by. I'm just glad that I got my video shown. BTW, does anyone know how my video whent over during the contest?
If I recall that your video was the Hamster Dance Song then it was pretty funny for everyone whos cheered for it on the reaction on the first seeing of it. I liked it myself.

Grats to those who won. It was good to see everyone submitting those videos. I keep getting word from the con goers still saying next time have the contest longer so we can see all of the videos on the contest next time :) It went really well and those awards are incredible.
Since the AMV contest is a MAJOR event, it has to have a reasonable time limit os that people can go to other events as well... As the submissions grow, it will become impossible to show everything at the contest anyway. BUT, I will always show all the entires as I did on Sunday morning....

And yes, the con went without no hitches and the crowed loved the videos!

Vlad

Return to “AMV Contests”