fanime iron chef results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Sun Jun 22, 2003 5:58 pm

Ashton wrote:Tim told us afterward that the headphones had a sound protection feature thing, that he didn't figure out how to us until the verry end.
Wait a second, they got sound-protection headphones?! ARGH! For the first 10 minutes of Iron Chef at ACen I couldn't even hear my music since the speakers were A) right next to the computers and B) really freaking loud! Hopefully we'll get some next year...ACen...so ghetto :-P
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:23 pm

dwchang wrote:Wait a second, they got sound-protection headphones?! ARGH! For the first 10 minutes of Iron Chef at ACen I couldn't even hear my music since the speakers were A) right next to the computers and B) really freaking loud! Hopefully we'll get some next year...ACen...so ghetto :-P
I hella want to see if I can challenge Tim next year for Fanime, but I don't know if they would let a lightweight like me do it. ^_^
The anime Channel Petition Sign it if you like anime.
My member profile on the org.
オタク同士やろう! Ashton

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:52 pm

Ashton wrote: I hella want to see if I can challenge Tim next year for Fanime, but I don't know if they would let a lightweight like me do it. ^_^
Well it's not a "challenge" or anything. You are hand-picked by Quu. There's no real set qualifications or challenging involved. If Quu thinks you'd make a good challenger based on a number of things (to which I am clueless), he picks you.

Those were the ambiguous reasons I was chosen for ACen. He hasn't even told me any specifics :-P

As for being a lightweight, I think of myself as the same since I've been doing this for about a year. But at the same time, I was able to do alright regardless of my "Normal AMV" skillset, so don't downplay your abilities by some stupid thing like "time" or "experience." One thing I learned from this entire contest is that anything can happen and that there are no "definites" (like a "great" editor doing great in the contest). Even if you're capable of making a great video...making a great video in two hours requires different skills. Also, there are a lot of factors that can tip the balance like the secret ingredient (mine was something I could easily use) and theme.

Good luck to you though!
-Daniel

flammie
Org Profile

Post by flammie » Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:57 pm

i think they should ask/invite the viewers choice best of show winner of the previous year to be the iron chef challenger.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:26 pm

flammie wrote:i think they should ask/invite the viewers choice best of show winner of the previous year to be the iron chef challenger.
Well again, it's Quu's baby. He makes all the decisions. It sounds like a reasonable request, but again..he makes his decisions and God only knows the reasons :).
-Daniel

Darkseid
Org Profile

Post by Darkseid » Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:24 pm

You sure it's God? :P
"Had I known one human's death caused you pain, I would have killed MORE... and kill more I shall!"

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Re: fanime iron chef results

Post by dokidoki » Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:51 pm

flammie wrote:I don't remember anything else except for the dead spot where he just has a guy from Jin-roh holding his weapon for several seconds.
I didn't have time to do the lipsyncs. Sorry.

How would I do a lipsync with a guy with a mask on? Turn his eye lights on and off. Like KITT.

It woulda been cool. Trust me.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:41 am

dokidoki wrote:
flammie wrote:I don't remember anything else except for the dead spot where he just has a guy from Jin-roh holding his weapon for several seconds.
I didn't have time to do the lipsyncs. Sorry.

How would I do a lipsync with a guy with a mask on? Turn his eye lights on and off. Like KITT.

It woulda been cool. Trust me.
So when is the ExpertDV person gonna get back to you about getting you the Master? It took about a week or two for Quu to get mine. I look forward to seeing how bad my video is in comparison to yours :-P
-Daniel

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:37 pm

dwchang wrote:So when is the ExpertDV person gonna get back to you about getting you the Master?
Soon enough.
dwchang wrote:I look forward to seeing how bad my video is in comparison to yours :-P
Don't be so sure.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:49 pm

dokidoki wrote:
dwchang wrote:I look forward to seeing how bad my video is in comparison to yours :-P
Don't be so sure.
Uhm...you have seen my video right? The best part is the closing bumper because I was stupid enough to put that charicature of myself on it. Well...the song too.

I'm 95% sure it's great. I mean you did win and against a worthy opponent.

BTW, it would appear you got your feedback for your Otakon video :-D. It would appear I was wrong on a few things, which is actually a good thing :).
-Daniel

Return to “AMV Contests”