Front Case Cover on CaseMaxx 610

Akashio
Org Profile

Front Case Cover on CaseMaxx 610

Post by Akashio » Thu May 22, 2003 12:51 am

I just recently bought a CaseMaxx 610s and am currently trying to put hardware in it. I need to install my drives and HDDs and this is where my problem starts. I can't get to the hinge on the upper-righthand side (when facing the front of the computer) that releases the front case cover because it's behind the drive bay. How do I get to it??

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Thu May 22, 2003 1:40 am

It looks like a couple of things could be the 'front case cover'.

If this is your case which part are you trying to remove?
The blue, red or yellow?

~klinky

Akashio
Org Profile

Post by Akashio » Thu May 22, 2003 1:41 am

the red. Knowing how to take the yellow off too would be nice, but I could probably figure it out.

SS5_Majin_Bebi
Location: Why? So you can pretend you care? (Brisbane, Australia)
Org Profile

Post by SS5_Majin_Bebi » Thu May 22, 2003 1:44 am

uh....okay, I could be waaay way off here, but....

Why dont you get at it from the inside? Take off the side cover and do it all that way!! Only a really bodgy case would not allow you to do that.

Akashio
Org Profile

Post by Akashio » Thu May 22, 2003 1:45 am

SS5_Majin_Bebi wrote:uh....okay, I could be waaay way off here, but....

Why dont you get at it from the inside? Take off the side cover and do it all that way!! Only a really bodgy case would not allow you to do that.
ok. I'm not stupid. I AM doing it from inside. It is underneath the drivebay and I can't reach it with my hands or any tool and get it off.

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Thu May 22, 2003 1:46 am

Why do you need to take that off. I am not sure if it's suppose to come off =o. On my case(which is nothing like that one) you don't pop it off =/.

From the looks of it you shouldn't have to remove it :/. Just pop off the bay cover inserts(yellow) and slide your drives in (connectors facing rear of course ;)).

Most cases that allow you to take the front cover off, have a release at the bottom that you have to yank really hard. If the things to remove the front cover are inaccessible. I would imagine they're it's not suppose to be taken off.

~klinky

Akashio
Org Profile

Post by Akashio » Thu May 22, 2003 1:47 am

klinky wrote:It looks like a couple of things could be the 'front case cover'.

If this is your case which part are you trying to remove?
The blue, red or yellow?

~klinky
oh, and jhust for clarification, I can easily unlatch each hinge except fo the upper-right one

SS5_Majin_Bebi
Org Profile

Post by SS5_Majin_Bebi » Thu May 22, 2003 1:47 am

Akashio wrote:
SS5_Majin_Bebi wrote:uh....okay, I could be waaay way off here, but....

ok. I'm not stupid. I AM doing it from inside. It is underneath the drivebay and I can't reach it with my hands or any tool and get it off.
I never said you were stupid its just that I have no Idea why you are trying to take the front cover off. Whats the point? Just pop the little blocker thingies out from the inside, its easier.

Akashio
Org Profile

Post by Akashio » Thu May 22, 2003 1:48 am

klinky wrote:Why do you need to take that off. I am not sure if it's suppose to come off =o. On my case(which is nothing like that one) you don't pop it off =/.

From the looks of it you shouldn't have to remove it :/. Just pop off the bay cover inserts(yellow) and slide your drives in (connectors facing rear of course ;)).

Most cases that allow you to take the front cover off, have a release at the bottom that you have to yank really hard. If the things to remove the front cover are inaccessible. I would imagine they're it's not suppose to be taken off.

~klinky
Wow. I feel stupid. Of course I don't need the red one off. Well how do I take off the yellows?

SS5_Majin_Bebi
Org Profile

Post by SS5_Majin_Bebi » Thu May 22, 2003 1:50 am

Akashio wrote:
klinky wrote:Why do you need to take that off. I am not sure if it's suppose to come off =o. On my case(which is nothing like that one) you don't pop it off =/.

~klinky
Duh.

You do it FROM_THE_INSIDE. Take off the left panel (as you are facing the front of the case)reach around, put your hand on the covers and PUSH. If theres little metal thingies, just bend them till they come off and PUSH, like a pregnant lady giving birth. It couldnt be easier.

Wow. I feel stupid. Of course I don't need the red one off. Well how do I take off the yellows?

Return to “Hardware Discussion”