What is a good video capture card

omega1979
Org Profile

What is a good video capture card

Post by omega1979 » Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:58 am

I hope i mposting in the right griup if not im sorry. I want to start makind AMV's after i build my new system. But not shur what video capture card to put in. I had a ATI All In Wounder 8500 DV. It gave me all kinds of problems. I had a winTv Card too. win tv card gave me ishues on making avis of dvds. and the ati one put lines through it or gave no picture. so is ther a another card out ther up to $200? thank you for reading my post

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:45 pm

Welcome to the site (you're quite new, at least according to you join date). This has pretty much been answered in a number of other theads in the past- including this one from a very short while ago http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... php?t=7867. If that doesn't help, you can use the search function of the forum to find some of the others. If none of them suficiently answer your question or you want to know something specific about the cards that might not be in the threads, then you'll probably want to post again and ask it. Generally, it's a good idea to search through the previous threads to avoid asking something that has been asked numerous times before- some people tend to get a bit annoyed about that... Good luck!
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:50 pm

I recomend the DV 500 or a firewire card if you have a equipment befittign it.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:16 pm

pmega1979, you should go with a DC2000. Anything less is wussy.

SS5_Majin_Bebi
Location: Why? So you can pretend you care? (Brisbane, Australia)
Org Profile

Re: What is a good video capture card

Post by SS5_Majin_Bebi » Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:18 pm

omega1979 wrote:I hope i mposting in the right griup if not im sorry. I want to start makind AMV's after i build my new system. But not shur what video capture card to put in. I had a ATI All In Wounder 8500 DV. It gave me all kinds of problems. I had a winTv Card too. win tv card gave me ishues on making avis of dvds. and the ati one put lines through it or gave no picture. so is ther a another card out ther up to $200? thank you for reading my post
uhh, pass? my capture card is a Spirit PCI TV Tuner Card with Composite and S-Video capture (a whole $AU119), and it kindof sucks. If i tinker with the colour balance and stuff it produces barely workable clips, but i use my DVD-ROM now, so...

Oh BTW proofread your posts before you..erm...post them, unless of course you are in the same situation as red_pill, in which case its forgiveable.

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:38 am

i have to recomend using the ati TV wonder VE from wal-mart for $50... i use it and it hasnt given me many problems, also for the price, it gives me good quality and captures mpeg 1 2 or avi... captures at various sizes... very nice card... i really do love using it.. and i must recomend it!

omega1979
Org Profile

Moer to my question

Post by omega1979 » Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:07 am

I been doing research. on the folowing cards

1. Pinnacle DC2000 - 1,824.00 - to rich for my blood.
2. Ati TV Wonder - 50.00 - number one in my list.
3. Fire Wire - I have no idea on it. but im building a brand new system.

so far im partial to the ATI TV Wonder. But will this card fight a PNY GeForce4 TI 4200? herd that ati and nvidia drivers fight. The capture software i have is Ulead VIDEO STUDIO. Is ther a nother program one would recomend? I want to say thanks for any help in this mater in advance.you can email me at omega1979@cox.net

Sinime
Org Profile

Post by Sinime » Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:31 am

DC2000 is dead and you won’t find one unless it’s used. ATI TV card may work with PNY GeForce, but if you don’t have a PNY GeForce yet, why not buy a GeForce with VIVO (Video In Video Out)? I have one and it captures well as long as you use CyberLink PowerDirector (which came with my card) or what ever it comes with to capture video. For some reason Premiere gives me dropped frames. I haven’t tried it yet but I am assuming I could get the MPEG2 Power Director file into Premiere using AVI Synth if nothing else works. (The only video I have captured is home movie type so I don’t know if it will work well with Anime and macrovision) It doesn’t even seem to have the audio/video synch issues that the DC1000/2000 seem to have (as long as you set it to use video overlay).

Return to “Hardware Discussion”