What style of aniem do you like most

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

What style of aniem do you like most

Post by CaTaClYsM » Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:59 pm

What I mean to say is what type of anime drawing style do you like most. I mean, even thought anime is anime they still have varying styles, there is grave of the fire flies, akira, evangelion, Angel santuary, Vandread, among others have a slightly different drawing style, I just felt like asking out of all the animes you have seen, which style do you like most.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:00 pm

Don't bother bringing up the fact that I misspelled anime. I already caught it.

professor_stampede
Org Profile

Post by professor_stampede » Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:22 pm

I personally really like the trenchcoat/heavy robe style that Eatman started and Trigun made popular. The only other ones I can think of that use it are Hellsing and Gungrave, but yeah. Heavy trenchcoats.

priuscomet
Org Profile

Post by priuscomet » Tue Jul 30, 2002 5:27 pm

i like the kind of anime w/ the big eyes. :P you know those....even though you don't see much of them out....the big eyed characters are always so cute and funny. :P

leathelanime
Org Profile

Post by leathelanime » Tue Jul 30, 2002 6:25 pm

Right now,

Id have to go with the Soul Taker Style and the Hellsing Style

MamoruArmitage
Location: Just stuck, hollow and alone, and the fault is my own, and the fault is my own...
Org Profile

Post by MamoruArmitage » Tue Jul 30, 2002 6:38 pm

i'd have to go with the style mentioned by priuscomet
Chou Ryuuen, of the Fushigi Yuugi Cabal

"E Nomine Patres et Filii et Spiritu Sancti!"

Eriol861: dan, what have i told you about bestiality?
Eriol861: REMEMBER THE CONDOM
God Saffron: ...
Eriol861: DON'T GET MAD PIKACHU DISEASE OR SOME SHIT

INNERVISION STUDIOS

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Tue Jul 30, 2002 8:14 pm

mine would probably be, the type they used in the spriggan. but that is for an anime movie, for a series probably trigun. but of all the anime I have ever seen it would have to be the opening movie for wild arms 2. hands down the most artistic and detailed anime I have ever seen.

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Tue Jul 30, 2002 8:26 pm

I like almost all types the best. The more cute the better though. Comedy and drama tie for my top spot.

I can also say what I don't like...bad digital. If you watch 'Saber Marionette J Again', that is some BAD digital anime there. Bad digital animation can ruin any anime for me.

Since I am highly critical of production values (you don't want to watch a movie with me if there are a lot of flaws 'cause I won't shut up) I can't stand mistakes that are because of short cuts or ignorance. Live action is more notorious for that than any animation. Bad CG, blue/green screen effect, or too much stretch effects really make any production look cheap. I don't like that.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Tue Jul 30, 2002 8:44 pm

Miyazaki! I mean sure the main characters always look very similar but I love it anyway. I was kinda surprised watching Laputa... I was like, "Wait why is San in this... and why is she wearing a dress and floating... ? Oh wait that must be Kiki!"

I like all kinds really. As long as they fit the anime. You can kind of associate the type of anime with the way it is drawn. And I'd hate to see only one style for drawing anime. So it's hard to choose a favorite but all in all I like Miyazaki's the best :) .
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

artfreak13
Org Profile

Post by artfreak13 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:54 pm

cowboy bebop personifies what anime should strive for. good detail, not to mention having ALL characters drawn in a unique and diverse way.

another good style is the 2d work done in vandread. awkward beginning (no real style tacked down), but evolves to a clean, precise style, with babes all around :shock: :P 8)
AOL discs.... just chuck 'em

Return to “General Anime”