VCA votes ???

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
WilLoW :--)
Org Profile

Post by WilLoW :--) » Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:18 am

Even if, in our definition of "Artistic", effects can be a part of the artistic stuff, the text in the VCA says "little or no reliance on effects"...
Some videos would be good even if there weren't effects in them, but some others, that ARE nominated in this category, RELY on effects.

that's what I said. I've not said that effects weren't artistic. It's just that it is written in the award description.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:48 am

WilLoW :--) wrote:Even if, in our definition of "Artistic", effects can be a part of the artistic stuff, the text in the VCA says "little or no reliance on effects"...
Some videos would be good even if there weren't effects in them, but some others, that ARE nominated in this category, RELY on effects.

that's what I said. I've not said that effects weren't artistic. It's just that it is written in the award description.
Technically, my video does not use "visible" special effects. I cut characters out and then put them on a different background to create my "artistic" feel. That's kind of how anime is done to begin with so It not really "rellying on special effects. I not saying the other videos do, I just pointing out another point of view, thats all...

Vlad

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:51 am

Technically, my video does not use "visible" special effects. I cut characters out and then put them on a different background to create my "artistic" feel. That's kind of how anime is done to begin with so It not really "rellying on special effects. I not saying the other videos do, I just pointing out another point of view, thats all...
I agree. In fact, I feel Transcending Love is *very* artistic. Not because of the effects, but the "feel" of the video. Not to mention the fact that the song you chose has such a beautiful "flow" to it (that you matched superbly). IMHO, that's why I feel Vlad's video was nominated (and may win).

Daniel ^_^
Ninja Gaijin Production

WilLoW :--)
Org Profile

Post by WilLoW :--) » Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:10 am

dwchang wrote:
I agree. In fact, I feel Transcending Love is *very* artistic. Not because of the effects, but the "feel" of the video. Not to mention the fact that the song you chose has such a beautiful "flow" to it (that you matched superbly). IMHO, that's why I feel Vlad's video was nominated (and may win).

Daniel ^_^
Ninja Gaijin Production
I hadn't seen it in this way. I understand better now.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:32 am

I hadn't seen it in this way. I understand better now.
Well it's not to say that *my* way is the right way or whatever (if that was what I was implying). As I think someone has said (perhaps) I think artistic (and a lot of the categories for that matter) is a personal thing. One can find "random" paint strokes artistic while another not. (shrug)I guess that's why it's the Viewers Choice Awards ^_^

Daniel ^_^
Ninja Gaijin Production

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:46 am

MeriC wrote:Re: co-authored videos:

God, I hope Phade does combine the votes for Alone In the World, cuz things would get confusing. I really, really, REALLY feel bad that BOTH mine and VegettoEX's entries were listed in "Best Character Profile." I can't stand to think we may have cheated some one else out of being in the running for that category. Arggg!! I shouldn't feel guilty for having made a collaborative video, but in this case, it's insanely awkward. :oops: But... unless a true system gets made for collabortive videos in the video, I dunno how this can be fixed. It would be great if both entries in each user's profile simply pointed to ONE link, instead of the two of us having to do it seperately.

And now I've gone and talked too much. *scampers off*
don't feel bad merci, the system would eventually be upgraded, for info on collatoral vids check this thread.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:47 am

stupid tags, lets try this again. Try this thread.
(one more reason to preview my post before i post it :lol: )
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

Return to “AMV Contests”