Otakon 2002 AMV Contest Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Mon Jul 29, 2002 1:06 am

BogoSort wrote:Finally met both Matt for the first time, and he looked extremely tired.
But his SOUL still BURNS!!!

BogoSort
Org Profile

Post by BogoSort » Mon Jul 29, 2002 1:45 am

dokidoki wrote:
BogoSort wrote:Finally met both Matt for the first time, and he looked extremely tired.
But his SOUL still BURNS!!!
I would be very sad if his soul stopped burning, cause then the Otakon amv contest wouldn't be the same again.

Wow, I must've been really tired at the Panel, cause I claim to have seen 2 Matts. ;)

rys
Org Profile

Wheeeeeeee! Gonads and Strife!

Post by rys » Mon Jul 29, 2002 7:25 am

The contest was damn good this year, I enjoyed all the videos, but the ones that really stood out to me was the Outlawstar video done to Drops of Jupiter (As I probably said a million times on the panel). I loved Aluminum's Land of Confusion video, I was shocked that didn't win, and Tim always cracks me up, good to see a Dennis Leary video surface. :)
Oh yeah, and Senta's video was dead on with the editing, crazy skillz. :)

Good to see everyone as always, although I was only there on Saturday, maybe next year I can free myself from work long enough to go for two days. :)

Jason Salce
RYS

Yosho
Org Profile

Post by Yosho » Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:17 am

I agree. Then contest this year was really good. I actually had a tough time voting for some categories.
-Brick Wall Productions

"It takes a man very confortable with his heterosexuality to have sex with another man!"
-Jeremy "Donny Gayeman" Simmons

Petro
Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia
Org Profile

Post by Petro » Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:25 am

The videos were great this year. I thought the speed racer video was a little distasteful for a family con, but then again, I didn't really like America Pie either. ^_^

Bogosort, Misty, great videos. I really enjoyed them.

Misty, thanks for the badge. I wore mine, but didn't see anyone else at Otakon with them :( The con was great though (I got Asuka's autograph! well, the US voice actress for her at least)

All, my video (Huntress - that's the Noir video that was in the finals) can be downloaded through my profile. If you have problems, just email me. Brinkster gives me problems sometimes.

Also, according to Matt, the complete voting results (including tally) will be available on the website soon. I'm interested to see how my video placed. ^_^

-Petro
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

kandelon
Org Profile

Post by kandelon » Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:35 am

I need to find that Excel Saga video, it was so funny! I love Excel Saga!

Hakura
Org Profile

Post by Hakura » Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:25 pm

*glomps Jesse*

Ahhh yatta! You made it to the forums ^^ *dances*

I was shocked that you didn't win anything too, and here I was all ready to add a award beside your video :p

I would have loved to see that up on the big screen ^^

Say did you enter in AWA's contest?

I can't wait until next years Sakura Con ^^ I hope they have DDR arcade machine again I SO want them to bring a MAX2 ^^

zenmetsu
Org Profile

Post by zenmetsu » Tue Jul 30, 2002 12:32 am

hey zerophite, your video rocked and got my vote! if conventions had a "horror" category, i might suggest it go there, but i think it works in either "action" or "drama". the intensity and speed of your video made it ok to be listed as "action", anyway. i wish it would have won, cause you deserve much praise for making it. ^_^; i'll need to give you a review soon.

congrats to all the winners and participants!

digitalgod
Org Profile

Just got back....

Post by digitalgod » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:28 am

Otakon 2002 was my first con to attend and man it was AWESOME!!! Met up with jbone, mckeed, misty, vlad and kevin and its great to finally see faces instead of Avatars ^_^ BTW Misty makes great cookies :D The AMV's were great too and I'm just happy to be a part of it. Congratulations on all the winners, and I hope I get to see you again next year.

Zerophite
Org Profile

Post by Zerophite » Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:10 am

Thanks a lot Zenmetsu! ^__^ I'll be looking forward to your review.

Return to “AMV Contests”