Amv Commissioning?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
MooseChangerPat
Org Profile

Amv Commissioning?

Post by MooseChangerPat » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:28 pm

My talent for video making is entirely sub-par and the scope of the amv I am envisioning is far beyond my meager talents, so I'm thinking of potentially commissioning one of the skilled AMV makers of this community to make an AMV with the anime and song of my choice. The trouble is I've never done this before, so I do not know what rate would be reasonable, who would be best equipped to handle such a commission, or whether or not a person who offers is credible. I've commissioned artists to draw/paint before, but commissioning an AMV is beyond me.

Ideally, the AMV I hope to create from this would be with the series Goblin Slayer, and the Abba song "The winner takes it all". There are a few different ways this could be interpreted, but my idea for the AMV is to show the contrast of romance vs the peril Goblin Slayer chooses for his life. Someone who is familiar with both the song and the series would be the most ideal for making the AMV, but I could settle for someone who is willing to learn them before working on the AMV.

I do not use this website very often, so if you wish to get in touch with me other than replying to this thread, please email me at MooseChangerPat@gmail.com
Don't become a dumb rum Bum
Did you play D&D since age 4?

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: Amv Commissioning?

Post by Zarxrax » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:00 pm

If someone offers, you would probably just want to take a look at their existing AMVs to judge the quality of the work that they are capable of. And then, there is a whole range of how much effort you would want to be put into the video. A fairly basic video could probably be done in a few hours, wheras something more complex could take weeks. So ideally, you would work those details out with whoever might be interested in doing it, and ask for previews along the way to make sure it is going in a direction that you like.

MooseChangerPat
Org Profile

Post by MooseChangerPat » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:03 pm

Good insights Zarxrax, thank you!

Chronic_neo
Org Profile

Post by Chronic_neo » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:29 am

See I was thinking the same for one of my videos, but I think it would work best as a contest that would allow studios to post their own MEPs. In this way, you're essentially commissioning the best video with the parameters you set.

To me. The biggest issue I'm having is determining the prizes, mostly because of the quality of video I desire isn't something you would want to put the editors in a huge time crunch to try and complete. Realistically, that kind of work shouldn't come cheap.
Here's a link to my topic.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=131245

MooseChangerPat
Org Profile

Post by MooseChangerPat » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:23 pm

I actually saw your thread and had been thinking we were thinking of similar things. I had debated making a contest myself, maybe have first prize be 100$, second place 50, and third 25, but the only problem is that I'd need to actually coordinate this into a project that AMV creators would actually participate in... it doesn't really do me much good if I only get one entrant and his entry has little to do with the parameters I set in the first place. I was hoping to gauge the interest of the community in being paid to create amvs following a certain criteria, but given the lack of replies to my thread or yours, I'm not especially hopeful.

We could try to combine our efforts, but I think we're looking for rather different things, so I'm not sure how much that would help.

Return to “General AMV”