Divine Moments of Truth

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
vivafruit
Org Profile

Divine Moments of Truth

Post by vivafruit » Thu May 28, 2020 9:53 am

This one was a bit insane to even attempt, as it's pretty commonly accepted wisdom to not try to make super long AMVs. Divine Moments of Truth by Shpongle clocks in at over 10 minutes, but I decided to try anyway. One thing in my favor is that DMT is extremely dynamic. It's more like 5 songs mixed together than one song, so that hopefully helps prevent people from getting bored midway through.

Overall I think it's my personal favorite AMV of the ones I've done, but I have honestly no idea if people here will like it. Please check it out and let me know what you think. :)

Last edited by vivafruit on Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Re: Divine Moments of Truth

Post by lloyd9988 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:42 pm

HOLY GOD MAN YOU EDITED 10 FREAKING MINUTES?! Dear god man... I can't watch another minute but that ending was hilarious xD

Neo Death
Org Profile

Post by Neo Death » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:54 am

Looks like Studio Ghibli wasn't happy with your work, it's been pulled from YouTube☹️

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:59 am

Upload the video here so Youtube can't control all exclusive rights to what you post.

vivafruit
Org Profile

Post by vivafruit » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:27 pm

Bummer. The copyright gremlins come for us all. I've uploaded it to Vimeo. The good news is now that I'm off Youtube, I can upload a different version that got taken down first for OTHER copyright violations, lol.

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:22 pm

Thank you for the Vimeo upload! I had noticed this disappeared from my liked videos on YouTube and wondered what happened to it. Good thing I also come here otherwise I would have lost this forever.

FYI the Ponyo part still terrifies me.

HotDogVendor
Org Profile

Post by HotDogVendor » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:03 am

Thats awesome and I love Shpongle for a good trip! Added to the trip list!

vivafruit
Org Profile

Post by vivafruit » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:41 am

Katranat wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:22 pm
Thank you for the Vimeo upload! I had noticed this disappeared from my liked videos on YouTube and wondered what happened to it. Good thing I also come here otherwise I would have lost this forever.

FYI the Ponyo part still terrifies me.
Great! Glad you found it here. Thanks again for the very nice comment you left on reddit.
HotDogVendor wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:03 am
Thats awesome and I love Shpongle for a good trip! Added to the trip list!
Have fun! I tried to avoid anything scary in case people wanted to trip to it.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:35 pm

This was a really cool video, but I actually think you could have taken it further. I rarely ever say "more effects" but this AMV was begging for them...more color manipulation, kaleidoscopic effects, ripples, etc. to really push this into super psychedelic territory. I do still like this as it is, quite a bit, but I just wish it had been even more visually in-your-face.

Either way, it's no small thing to edit a 10+ minute video, nice job! :up:

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:44 am

I really love this AMV.

I wouldn't have thought that simply stringing together scenes like this could be as compelling as it is. Like CrackTheSky said, there's a potential here that went unexplored in terms of how effects could have transformed these scenes into something else altogether. I was left wondering if more complex editing or transitions could have blended some of these scenes into something even more psychedelic and trippy than what's here. It's hard to explain, that's a vague description and there isn't a single direction I'd give here to achieve that.

That said, I love everything that's here, and the use of hard cuts from scene to scene has an appeal all its own that has grown on me throughout the AMV each time I've watched it. Great scene selection, obviously, but there's always some really neat sync happening in each little part of this that's inspired and super fun. So many opportunities for that with this song and these clips and you really made the most of them.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”