AX AMV Contest Is Back For 2020!!!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
XStylus
Org Profile

Re: AX AMV Contest Is Back For 2020!!!

Post by XStylus » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:19 am

DJJonnyBlaze wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:33 pm
is this one is postponed?
There's been no official word from AX at this time.

Talking speculatively though, the writing is kinda on the wall, in my opinion. There's no way in hell that the City of LA or even the State of CA would allow an 110k attendee event to take place in the midst of COVID. However, neither has formally ordered AX to cancel (yet), and AX has contractual entanglements that preclude them from cancelling unless and until there's such a government intervention. So... the event organizers are kinda in a wait-and-see mode too, just like we are.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:24 pm

Honestly, it's extremely unlikely that any con will happen in 2020 (apart from maybe hotel cons with less than a few hundred people in the late fall).
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Teriyaki777
Org Profile

Post by Teriyaki777 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:58 pm

XStylus wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:06 am
Teriyaki777 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:00 am
have they found a coordinator yet?
Nobody here has any special insight, myself included, but if I were to strike a guess, I'd say that they have exponentially bigger things to worry about at the moment, such as if they should (or even can) have the convention take place at all this year.
the con is gonna go on as scheduled cause thats in July if people aren't stupid and take better care of themselves by washing their hands constently then they will be fine

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:11 pm

Teriyaki777 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:58 pm
the con is gonna go on as scheduled cause thats in July if people aren't stupid and take better care of themselves by washing their hands constently then they will be fine
HOLY SHIT... you are deathly wrong, sir. I don't mean to put you on blast or anything, but what you just said is very uninformed and scary.

The virus isn't just spread by physical contact. It's airborne. Six feet is the minimum distance in case someone around you is an asymptomatic carrier because even just talking or breathing can spread the virus. Worse, if a carrier coughs or sneezes, the virus can spread over 60ft. There's even a 3D model of how COVID spreads in a supermarket when someone coughs.

I'd like to see someone try keeping 6ft of distance at a mob factory like AX. It's laughable. And if someone sneezes in a panel room (because you KNOW there will be pre-symptomatic folks who will think "I'm fine. It's just allergies"), that's quickly scores of people who could get infected by COVID.

Do your health a favor and read up on this thing, my friend.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:38 pm

The mayor of LA is actually paying attention. The public gathering ban will be extended soon enough and then AX can cancel without violating any contracts. Question now is whether they’ll reimburse 2020 badges or carry them over to next year.

Teriyaki777
Org Profile

Post by Teriyaki777 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:33 pm

XStylus wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:11 pm
Teriyaki777 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:58 pm
HOLY SHIT... you are deathly wrong, sir. I don't mean to put you on blast or anything, but what you just said is very uninformed and scary.

The virus isn't just spread by physical contact. It's airborne. Six feet is the minimum distance in case someone around you is an asymptomatic carrier because even just talking or breathing can spread the virus. Worse, if a carrier coughs or sneezes, the virus can spread over 60ft. There's even a 3D model of how COVID spreads in a supermarket when someone coughs.

I'd like to see someone try keeping 6ft of distance at a mob factory like AX. It's laughable. And if someone sneezes in a panel room (because you KNOW there will be pre-symptomatic folks who will think "I'm fine. It's just allergies"), that's quickly scores of people who could get infected by COVID.

Do your health a favor and read up on this thing, my friend.
you panic way way too much you follow the media way too much sir. wear mask wash hands and you be aight. and keep in mind july is pretty good distance away anytthing can change by tthen.

Teriyaki777
Org Profile

Post by Teriyaki777 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:34 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:38 pm
The mayor of LA is actually paying attention. The public gathering ban will be extended soon enough and then AX can cancel without violating any contracts. Question now is whether they’ll reimburse 2020 badges or carry them over to next year.
Then saboten will rein this year.... and things will be different next year!

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:31 pm

Teriyaki777 wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:33 pm
you panic way way too much you follow the media way too much sir. wear mask wash hands and you be aight. and keep in mind july is pretty good distance away anytthing can change by tthen.
The media is not a single breathing entity, it’s a wide spread system full of varying and often contradicting information. And choosing to ignore it completely instead of researching what sources are reliable and provide truthful information means you’re choosing to remain ignorant about a serious situation that has so far struck over 2 million people on the planet and over 600,000 people in the US. Over 26,000 people in america alone have already died from covid19, and almost 130,000 globally. Willful ignorance like what you’re displaying is dangerous. It’s that same ignorance that prevented the governor of Louisiana from shutting down Mardi Gras and the governor of Florida allowing beaches to remain open for spring break. And now all those folks who attended have all traveled back home across the country by now. And it’s that same ignorance that made our president ignore viable medical information because he was too worried about economic strife to recommend a nationwide stay at home mandate a month ago.

This isn’t going away just because you wash your hands.

EnQuatre
Org Profile

Post by EnQuatre » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:47 pm

Teriyaki777 wrote:

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:02 pm

Teriyaki777 wrote:
I am facepalming so hard right now...

Return to “AMV Contests”