What are your AMV plans for this year/decade?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Zarxrax
Org Profile

What are your AMV plans for this year/decade?

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:42 am

As we enter a new decade, it seems pretty natural to start thinking about plans for what is coming up.

I've been away from the scene for a while, but during this past year I finally decided to remaster one of my old videos, and that gave me some motivation to continue with some other work along those same lines. I've begun remastering some other creators' classic AMVs, many from the VHS era. My goal is really just restoration and preservation of some important parts of our history, as well as making some great works more accessible to modern audiences. It's been a lot of fun so far, and I'll probably continue on that for much of this year, before finally releasing it all towards the end of the year.

I'm also continuing to learn DaVinci Resolve, which has been a great editing tool for me so far. It's nice to finally be able to edit with good freely available software, instead of having to pirate all the adobe stuff :uhoh:

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: What are your AMV plans for this year/decade?

Post by Mol » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:08 pm

I don't really plan, hjust wat until inspiration hits, and try to bite into small collabs or meps to warm up my motivation (which seems to ...somewhat work so far. Either i can get popular or hopefully retire to do something diffrent with editing.

Remasters are cool , might consider some few in future (probably some of my own crap tho)
Still better than that MMO.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:41 pm

I love Frozen, so I plan on finishing a Into the Unknown video sometime next month, and probably send it to a few spring cons. I also plan on making a Aggretsko video once season 3 premieres. And lastly, I have 2 secret vids already planned out for AWA Pro.

Besides from that, everything else is a coin toss.

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:14 pm

Right now:

1. I already have an idea for one video I have planned for AWA (and already begun doing some editing to that).
2. I'm considering doing a video that would fit the "sports" theme that some AMV contests are having.
3. I still need to get an idea of what I plan to do for Otakon/Anime USA.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:04 am

1. Finish the video I'm working on, hope that by the time I do it hasn't already been done by someone else.

2. Start(or more accurately, restart) the next video I want to finish, hopefully by April but who knows.

3. Before the end of 2020, finish or get some real work done on the big/weird project I want to make that I don't think anyone is going to like but that I have to get out of my system.

There's more I want to do but realistically speaking this is probably going to be it for 2020. I don't know about the rest of the decade, I'm already on borrowed time.

Cneq
Org Profile

Post by Cneq » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:34 am

The last few years I've had the goal to consistently get AMV's out monthly, which turned out pretty well in my opinion.

I have quite a lot of ideas already mapped out for 2020 so it just depends on when I get the motivation to start them. Going to try to keep monthly uploads a thing but it may slow down a bit since I'm starting University and have no idea how much the workload will be.

James Blond
Org Profile

Post by James Blond » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:07 pm

For me, it's pretty simple: keep making AMVs, and keep improving. :up: (Also, maybe get around to learning more After Effects?)

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:55 pm

I started a video october of last year that I plan on finishing and (if I finish it in time) submitting to AWA Pro 2020.
Independent to that, I plan on attending AWA and catching up with old friends in person.

Other than those two things, I have some ideas but not really plans. I don't care so much if the other things pan out so it's really just these 2 things for 2020.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:35 pm

After the tragic Terror attacks on Kyoto animation last year, I wanted to do some kind of tribute to one of the most important animation studios.. so I decided to make ONLY KyoAni amvs for all of '20. I've already begun making my first 2 (or 3), and I have a bunch of ideas, some I think are very doable.. and one that might be too ambitious...

Karritto
Org Profile

Post by Karritto » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:25 pm

My plan is to make my first AMV. it will be an Action/Drama themed character profile of Goemon Ishikawa XIII from Lupin the 3rd. The song I chose is a catchy, but obscure 80s rock song called "Samurai" by German/Romanian singer, Michael Cretu.

Samurai - Michael Kretu

Return to “General AMV”