Scene Sources

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Fox Sakes
Org Profile

Scene Sources

Post by Fox Sakes » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:23 pm

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm currently looking for scenes with a falling character and them being caught by another.
Are there any resources out there for finding specific scenes?
Do you have any suggestions for scenes?

My hunt through Youtube hasn't given me much but I have a few.

Thanks in advance!

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Scene Sources

Post by seasons » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:05 am

I just watched the last episode of Arifureta, there's a scene like this early in the episode.

The most famous/most used scene I can think of like this is a early in the film Castle In The Sky, perhaps you can even close your eyes and picture it right now... nice catch!

I know there's a good scene in My Hero Academia, very early in the series where two of the main characters meet for the first time. One trips and the other "catches" them (but not how anyone expects, so maybe this isn't quite what you're looking for, who knows). I think it's early in episode 4 but it might be in an even earlier episode, I'm not sure.

Actually the most famous version of this kind of scene was in a recent film (from 3-4 years ago), you know the one. Of course you do, this is an AMV message board.

Do you want fun catches like catching kids in a pool or are you looking for dramatic scenes where people almost die?

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:59 am

You might want to take a look at this video I made a while back:
It has a couple of clips of characters falling together while holding each other, and a few clips of someone being caught. Some of those might work for you. Ghibli seems to do a lot of stuff with flying, which lends itself to falling/catching.

Finding clips is tough, but the best resource is probably just building up your own knowledge by watching tons of anime and AMVs.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:58 pm

First episode of Bakemonogatari.

Silent Hero Studios
Org Profile

Post by Silent Hero Studios » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:21 pm

There's a scene in the season 1 finale of Highschool DxD where Rias catches Issei. If you know this anime, look this scene up on YouTube (Key search words: episode 12).

Hope this helps!
Silent. Heroic. But never both.

Return to “General AMV”