Sakura-Con 2020 AMV Contest - Postphoned

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Sakura-Con 2020 AMV Contest - Postphoned

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:39 pm

Sakura-Con 2020 AMV Contest - Will Now Take Place at SakuraCon 2021

Hi Everyone,As stated in the below, since SakuraCon 2020 was cancelled, it was decided that we will hold the 2020 AMV contest at next year's con alongside the 2021 Contest (Yes, two contests in the same year!).

Below is a list of the finalists for the 2020 Contest as well as the Preshow list of videos to be shown during seating for the contest. Being a finalist for the 2020 contest will not have any entry restrictions for the 2021 contest once it opens in the fall.

CONTEST FINALISTS:

BecauseImBored1
BleachShippu5678
Casual Swimmer
Dexter
DopplerDo
drewaconclusion (2x)
EnQuatre
Ileia
James Blond
JamTheGolfer ProductionsKaguya)
Kirbygal
Kireblue
MadMegatax (3x)
Milan21
Mycathatesyou69
Nekokitkat
Nuke
Opner
Otaku Lounge
Pikapwn (3x)
Rider4Z
SasukeChanx
shorisquared
Silent Hero Studios
SlimeDrawsNea
SuperEltanin
TarageAMV
The Lazy Daze
Tigrin
Toon Addict Productions
TwigglyFiggly
WhiteRabbit
WhiteRabbit and Drahear Midori
Xophilarus

CONTEST PRESHOW:

Jasmine Burley
PoppyPetrichor
rythyme
Sean.PNG
Silent Hero Studios
Tasha Livingstone
tko03
Troubleclef
UnluckyArtist
xSnowflakes

Firstly, in case you may not have heard already, SakuraCon 2020 has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 public health emergency. Some of you are now probably asking, "What does this mean for the AMV contest?" For our team, not much has changed because we're still preparing a contest. In fact, we will have the finalist roster shortly. The only thing that's changing is when we're playing the contest. Toward that end, we have been discussing ideas with the SakuraCon executive team on the best way forward. Here's what we've come up with:

At next year's SakuraCon, there will be two contests -- the usual one for that year (2021), and the one for the interrupted year (2020). Each contest would be handled completely separately. That means separate premieres on separate days, with separate ballots and separate judging. The only thing done jointly would be the announcement of each contest's winners on Sunday, the last day of the convention. The exact details will be further worked out at a later time as we begin planning for 2021, but the overall focus will be to have each contest stand as individually and uniquely as possible.

We considered many options, and we ultimately felt that the above decision was the fairest way forward without robbing the 2020 finalists of a proper audience, nor robbing audiences of a full year's worth of AMV joy.

Until then, our work continues. We will have the 2020 finalist roster within about a week. Once that is determined, we will publicly post the names of finalist entrants, as usual. We thank you for your understanding, and we hope you look forward to a double dose of AMV awesomeness at SakuraCon 2021!

Sincerely, Vlad G Pohnert, Jason Fiore & Troy Williams
SC 2020 AMV Contest Coordinators

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sakura-Con’s AMV contest is an event for fans to showcase their creative talents in the form of music videos. The Contest is open to anyone, be they amateur or professional. Attendance is not required, but is strongly encouraged.

Finalists will be shown during the main competition while selected non-finalist entries will be presented during the pre-show just before the main competition, time permitting. All other accepted non-finalists will be played in the AMV Theatre during the weekend, time permitting.

DEADLINE: Friday, 11:59 PST, February 14, 2020

GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK TO REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE: HERE

CONTEST OVERVIEW AND RULES (ensure to fully read before entering): HERE

QUICK RULES SUMMARY:
• Submission duration limits: The duration limits for each submission are as follows:
--> AMV Entries: 75 seconds minimum, 6 min maximum.
--> Trailers: 1 min minimum, 3 min 30 sec maximum.
--> Commercials: No minimum, 60 sec maximum.
--> Intros: 15 seconds, 1min 30 sec maximum.
• No more than three entries per person/group. Commercials & Intros ARE AN EXCEPTION from this rule.
• No subtitles, watermarks, logos, credits, references to other contests or text that is unnecessary to the concept.
• Must not have premiered before September 1st, 2019.
• The majority of your entry’s video content must consist of anime-styled or manga-styled content.
• Audio for all AMV entries (except Trailer/Commercial/Intro) must be majority music. No excessive dialogue.
• Must be age 13+ appropriate.
• AMV-Hell style entries will not be accepted.
• Must satisfy our technical requirements.

SUMMARY OF CATEGORIES:
Entrants are to classify each entry under one of the following categories:
• Action
• Drama
• Humor
• Fun & Play
• Romance & Sentiment
• Rhythm
• Trailer
• Commercials & Intros

SUMMARY OF AWARDS
AUDIENCE AWARDS (as chosen by Ballot during the contest screening at con):
• Audience’s Best of Show
• Best video in each category 

JUDGES AWARDS:
• Judges’ Choice

• Best Technical

• Best Concept

Sakura-Con 2020
AMV Contest Coordinators
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Johnhero
Org Profile

Re: Sakura-Con 2020 AMV Contest

Post by Johnhero » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:29 am

Can i submit a amv i have already posted on YouTube? or do i have to create a totally new one? And if so can i post the new amv on youtube and submit it here or do i have to only submit it here and cant share my submission on my channel?

tko03isaneditor
Org Profile

Post by tko03isaneditor » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:56 am

AHHHHH SHEIT HERE WE GO AGAIN
Anirevo Marketing Team 2020

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:39 am

4 Weeks Left to go, need more submissions!

Vlad

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:27 am

One Week left to enter! Got some great entries so far but need more (especially Humor, Rhythm and Commercials & Intros)

Vlad

neko kitkat
Org Profile

Post by neko kitkat » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:26 pm

Hiya, sorry to bother you. But I have tried to submit for a while now but I still haven't received my password. I checked my junk mail and its not there. Not sure if my e-mails are getting through. I sent another try yesterday too.

DopplerDo
Org Profile

Post by DopplerDo » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:41 pm

Hey Neko, I just registered to see if the same thing would happen to me and I ended up getting an email with a password in seconds. Is it possible you mistyped the email address?

neko kitkat
Org Profile

Post by neko kitkat » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:46 pm

DopplerDo wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:41 pm
Hey Neko, I just registered to see if the same thing would happen to me and I ended up getting an email with a password in seconds. Is it possible you mistyped the email address?
I just tried a few more times and I still haven't received a email. I did double check my email too. I am going to try with my gmail instead if I can remember my password

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:35 pm

neko kitkat wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:46 pm
DopplerDo wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:41 pm
I just tried a few more times and I still haven't received a email. I did double check my email too. I am going to try with my gmail instead if I can remember my password
I'd definitely go with the Gmail route. As someone who still uses an AOL account for my regular mail, I ended up using Gmail when sending videos to most conventions due to the problems that I've been having problems with when it came to getting a response.

neko kitkat
Org Profile

Post by neko kitkat » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:15 pm

[quote=TnAdct1 post_id=1568979 time=1581482147 user_id=4678]
[quote="neko kitkat" post_id=1568968 time=1581471988 user_id=617274]
[quote=DopplerDo post_id=1568962 time=1581453666 user_id=1154130]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'd definitely go with the Gmail route. As someone who still uses an AOL account for my regular mail, I ended up using Gmail when sending videos to most conventions due to the problems that I've been having problems with when it came to getting a response.
[/quote]

Thanks so much! Yeah gmail worked. Took me a little while to get my password but it worked!

Return to “AMV Contests”