Anime Mix - Reverie (New Member)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
LunaStarfall
Org Profile

Anime Mix - Reverie (New Member)

Post by LunaStarfall » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:14 pm

Hi everyone! New member here just looking for some feedback. I've been editing since February of this year and learning Sony Vegas as best as I could. I finally managed to finish something I've always wanted to create after 4 months of on/off work (working on other projects in between). I'm actually really happy how it turned out and I do hope you enjoy watching it. Also, sorry for the quality during some portions of the video. Something went wrong during the upload process to YouTube and I didn't realize until it was too late, it's never happened before so not sure what went wrong.

Anyways, thank you for your time and your feedback!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Anime Mix - Reverie (New Member)

Post by Kireblue » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:33 pm

Nice job! And welcome to the org! For someone that's only been editing for 4 months, your sync and flow was exceptionally good. I feel that your text was really unnecessary though. And if anything, it actually distracts from your really good scene selection. Since the viewer can hear the song, I''m usually not a fan of when editors add text to their video, and feel that it would have been better without it. But overall, this was still nice to watch :up:

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:58 pm

I'm not a fan of lyric videos and I never really got the sense that the different sources used here had very much to do with each other except for looking exceptionally pretty and being well animated (perhaps this is all anyone asks for and the only reasoning you need).

That said, I thought you did an excellent job matching the intensity of the song, using quiet scenes in the beginning and utilizing more intense scenes during the chorus and the drop sections of the song. This AMV had a really enjoyable sense of flow to it and I was surprised by how much I really enjoyed watching it from start to finish. Nice work!

LunaStarfall
Org Profile

Post by LunaStarfall » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:10 pm

Ahhh thank you for all the feedback!!! Sorry for the late response. I'll definitely keep the typography tips in mind and maybe tone it down a bit in future videos. I really appreciate the time taken to respond, thank you!

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:30 am

quite good vid, somewhat agree about text, neeeds a bit more work but other than that it was pretty enjoyable i think.
Still better than that MMO.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”