Help with identifying an AMV creator

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Katranat
Org Profile

Help with identifying an AMV creator

Post by Katranat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:08 pm

Hi everyone,

After having an account for almost 14 years now I've finally decided to engage with this site properly.

Anyways, to start off with I'm hoping to get some help with regards to a Princess Mononoke AMV that I love. Thanks to a very kind Redditor a couple years back I now have a copy on my computer again. However I have no idea who made the AMV and I was hoping someone on this site might remember this video also and might be able to help me ID the creator. The AMV is Princess Mononoke, set to Superbeast by Rob Zombie. The content of the video is solely of Ashitaka's fight with the demon boar at the beginning of the film. I cannot find this video catalogued on this site (I can find one Princess Mononoke AMV to this song when I search however the description rules it out from being the one I'm after), also I first saw this AMV in 2001, so it is at least as old as that. I can find no trace of this video online as it has been removed from anywhere it was uploaded in the past (there used to be half of it on Dailymotion, which I posted to Reddit and that's how it was recognised by someone else). The only thing I have to go on as far as the creator, is for a very brief moment at the beginning of the AMV, this image present:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ie9amsa5c0j5qx/ID.png?dl=0

Also, here's the AMV for anyone who wants to watch it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tivcypt6h2tii ... t.mp4?dl=0

The main reason I want to know who the creator is because I have made myself a remastered version, as the original is very bad quality. I'm keen to get this catalogued on the site, but I don't want to do so without knowing more about the creator and when the AMV was made.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: Help with identifying an AMV creator

Post by Mol » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:05 am

https://www.animemusicvideos.org/member ... php?v=7868 only this came up in search, you can ask i guess :shrug:
Still better than that MMO.

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:22 pm

Mol wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:05 am
https://www.animemusicvideos.org/member ... php?v=7868 only this came up in search, you can ask i guess :shrug:
Ah thanks, that's the one I've found already. It's definitely not it unfortunately :(

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:22 pm

Checking the Con archive, one one I go is:

Tophat Monkey Productions - Super Beast - Red Zombie - Super Beast - Princess Mononoke

Not sure if that is the one so you would have to post a few frames from it and I c an see i fit matches. it's dated 2000

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:08 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:22 pm

Tophat Monkey Productions - Super Beast - Red Zombie - Super Beast - Princess Mononoke

Not sure if that is the one so you would have to post a few frames from it and I c an see i fit matches. it's dated 2000

Vlad
That sounds promising! Tophat Monkey Productions kinda rings a bell (or might just be wishful thinking on my part).

I'm afraid I can't figure out how to get images into these posts. This is why I resorted to sticking a Dropbox link into my first post

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:59 pm

logociet wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:08 pm
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:

Vlad
That sounds promising! Tophat Monkey Productions kinda rings a bell (or might just be wishful thinking on my part).

I'm afraid I can't figure out how to get images into these posts. This is why I resorted to sticking a Dropbox link into my first post
Yep, that' the same one...
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:08 am

That still image comes from this video at 1:08:

That probably won't help you find the AMV but it's all I can add here.

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:31 pm

seasons wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:08 am
That still image comes from this video at 1:08:
Huh, I did wonder if the image had been taken from something else. Thanks!

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:32 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:59 pm
logociet wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:08 pm
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:

Vlad

Yep, that' the same one...
Awesome!! In that case, thank you so much :D I know who to credit now

Return to “General AMV”