You Must Run

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SrThomsen
Org Profile

You Must Run

Post by SrThomsen » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:16 pm

Hi! That´s my first AMV/MAD.

I always loved AMV´s but since now I never started making them. I edited it on premiere.

I would like to gave your oppinions here to upgrade my skills.

Nice to meet all

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: You Must Run

Post by Mol » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:35 pm

Hey, our site requires you to catalog your video first. So please do that as soon otherwise after 2 weeks it will be removed. If you don't know how, here is the FAQ post about it viewtopic.php?p=1546652#p1546652

Until then, I'm going to move your thread to the “Awaiting Catalog Entry” forum. And I can move it back once I see that you've done it
Still better than that MMO.

SrThomsen
Org Profile

Post by SrThomsen » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:14 pm

Fixed and sorry. It´s my first time here

¿What do you think about the video?

FoxJones
The foxiest!
Org Profile

Post by FoxJones » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:29 am

Ohh. This was a nice suprise in overall. Good for a first video I must say. With the music choice this brought me back all the way to my start with AMVs, back some twenty years.. in a good way. Anime worked nicely with the music and you used the music well in this video. I really liked it for the first 2 minutes.
Then for some reason you crashed the AMV-mood to the brick wall. Song fades out, which felt weird, but yet okayish.. but the part drags on too long without the music, and to make it worse the characters started talking. This pretty much ruined the experience for me :(
It might have picked up again a bit after that, but I was already too distracted to enjoy it further, since for me the music video was already gone.

3+/5 for being a very promising first video!

SrThomsen
Org Profile

Post by SrThomsen » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:42 am

Yeah, I know...

I stopped the songs for 2 reasons

1- I haven´t got more ideas and footage to full al the song

2- I thought that making a silence for the drama moment of the leave of Norman and the dramatic situation that they were. And then, put the scene were Ray ask Emma if she gave up, and then came up with the song.

I think that for my 1º AMV that was so difficult, but I learned a lot.

¿Do you think that I can send this to a contest?

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:04 pm

The first minute and a half of this was really, really good, especially for a first AMV but just in general by pretty much any standard. The song is a great match for these visuals and this story, and you pulled off a really good blend of lyric sync, internal sync, and external sync with your cuts to the music.

I'm kind of on the fence when it comes to the sudden break from the song and the extended section with the original audio from the show. I get why you did it, and I actually think you did it pretty well, but it just kind of broke up the momentum for me (which might have been tough to sustain, who knows?).

I didn't find the back half of this quite as interesting as the first half, but I think the slower pace of the cuts and how only a handful of scenes played out here was appropriate for the changes in the music.

This was pretty good, thanks for sharing it!
FoxJones wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:29 am
With the music choice this brought me back all the way to my start with AMVs, back some twenty years.. in a good way.
The song is 7 years old!

FoxJones
The foxiest!
Org Profile

Post by FoxJones » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:38 pm

seasons wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:04 pm
FoxJones wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:29 am
With the music choice this brought me back all the way to my start with AMVs, back some twenty years.. in a good way.
The song is 7 years old!
It might as well have been a 7 months old song and still have the same effect. Point was that it was this style of music with fitting anime and clean editing that I enjoyed back then, and what made me want to start editing myself. Might be the reason why I liked the first part of this video so much.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”