Do you enjoy seeing a song you like done to many different AMVs?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
x_rex30
Org Profile

Do you enjoy seeing a song you like done to many different AMVs?

Post by x_rex30 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:35 am

I like knowing I have multiple AMVs to just a single song.. cause well.. I don't want to play the same amv in my head to the song I like. Also just in general I like it. I think in my current hard drive collection, which is relatively small, has individual songs having 5 or more AMVs for the individual song. Sometimes REmiXes of a song. I like that a lot too!!! :up:

Anyone here has that taste of seeing the same song used in multiple ways in a AMV?

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Do you enjoy seeing a song you like done to many different AMVs?

Post by seasons » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:51 am

I'm going to say no, purely for selfish reasons.

When it comes to any song that I really like, generally speaking, I don't want to see it turned into a meme (unless, of course, it already was before I even heard it, which happens more and more often these days).

I don't want to see a song that I love poorly featured in an AMV. Most AMVs... are not very good. And the more AMVs are made with a given song, generally speaking, the more of them are going to fail and inevitably affect my perception of how good they actually are, what worth they actually hold in society, etc.

I'm not doing a good job of explaining my feelings here at all, but this is a really interesting topic and you deserve replies for making it.

There are plenty of exceptions to this, and while it's not the subject of your OP, there have been many cases where multiple AMVs made to a song that I actually don't like actually works towards changing my feelings and ultimately winning me over to actually liking the song that I initially didn't have quite so many positive feelings towards.

I'm probably contradicting myself in some way here, IDK.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:15 pm

x_rex30 wrote:Do you enjoy seeing a song you like done to many different AMVs?
Not usually, I don't like to associate the same song to multiple things. I get burned out on music pretty quickly, so watching multiple videos with the same song will typically dilute my enjoyment of both videos. Plus, in these situations I always find myself coming away with a favorite, so if I have a craving to watch a video to that song, I'll always go with the one I like more, and the other one (which still may be good!) ends up rarely or never getting any more views from me.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:34 pm

For me, one video that I like will typically become the "definitive" video for the song, in my mind. Its difficult for me to accept 2 videos for the same song.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:55 am

Zarxrax wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:34 pm
For me, one video that I like will typically become the "definitive" video for the song, in my mind. Its difficult for me to accept 2 videos for the same song.
yeah, Unless the 2 videos interpret the song in completely different ways, I tend to do the same

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:04 am

I don't mind, but each combination of song and series will invariably have one definitive video - if that - and a bunch of failures. Therefore, while I can watch and like many videos with Linkin Park's "Numb", for example, there will only be one Star Wars music video with Linkin Park's "Numb"
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:32 pm

Disturbed - Indestructible

It really shouldn't count, I think, but this guy made 3 videos with Dragon Ball and mainly adjust the ending, like the original one he made uses footage from GT... and that alone I guess was enough to make it again with the super footage. I like them all but enjoy the original the most

And I guess why not just consider this two to put on the list of using the same song, as I find this another video I enjoy to watch using the same song.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:47 pm

seasons wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:51 am
I'm going to say no, purely for selfish reasons.

When it comes to any song that I really like, generally speaking, I don't want to see it turned into a meme (unless, of course, it already was before I even heard it, which happens more and more often these days).

I don't want to see a song that I love poorly featured in an AMV. Most AMVs... are not very good. And the more AMVs are made with a given song, generally speaking, the more of them are going to fail and inevitably affect my perception of how good they actually are, what worth they actually hold in society, etc.
What is this weirdo even trying to say here
:?

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:04 pm

Ooh this is an interesting topic!

Most of the time I find I can only really enjoy one AMV per song. For example, unfortunately I can't get into JazzsVids new AMV Terminatum: https://youtu.be/IIUjeeo2E2w.
Because for me the ultimate AMV to this song is Blanco's Blasphemy: https://youtu.be/IIUjeeo2E2w
It's kind of a shame that I can't get into it, as from what I understand Terminatum is a bit of a homage to AMV's like Blasphemy.

However - I have recently found a song which bucks this trend for me. I love Ileia's Into the Cyber-Verse: https://youtu.be/j4fDnY5YlyI and I have also recently found ShizayaFanart's Into the Bananaverse: https://youtu.be/aiKwoP5o6pA. I'm finding I can watch both without feeling like either of them is a definitive version.

Possibly for me it's a nostalgia thing? Blasphemy has had years to settle in my mind whereas Into the Cyber-Verse is still fairly recent, so Bananaverse didn't feel like a usurper, it comes across as it's own thing.

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:11 pm

Katranat wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:04 pm

Most of the time I find I can only really enjoy one AMV per song. For example, unfortunately I can't get into JazzsVids new AMV Terminatum: https://youtu.be/IIUjeeo2E2w.
Apologies, added the wrong link for Terminatum. Here's the correct link: https://youtu.be/OhBq8iHdlPg

Return to “General AMV”