Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park talking about AMVs.

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
x_rex30
Org Profile

Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park talking about AMVs.

Post by x_rex30 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:44 am

Mike Shinoda here in this clip talking all about dem AMVs. Which type he enjoyed, etc. I don't want to spoil it from the guys who helped make amvs big today.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park talking about AMVs.

Post by Kionon » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:49 am

x_rex30 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:44 am
Mike Shinoda here in this clip talking all about dem AMVs. Which type he enjoyed, etc. I don't want to spoil it from the guys who helped make amvs big today.
Woah, it's an xrex. LTNS.

Linkinball Z videos, we mocked them, but they certainly are a big part of our history. No doubt.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:36 am

Kionon wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:49 am
Woah, it's an xrex. LTNS.
Still #13 on the all-time post count list, possibly even higher for those of you with moderator access who can therefore pull up post count lists that include hidden boards etc.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:49 pm

I put the rest of this post as a spoiler because it was me misinterpreting the other two that posted before this post... I'll try to be more observant when people are just trying to show their kindness towards me.
Spoiler :
It's quite an irrelevant association to the topic of caring who the F made it. This "oh wait, it's this guy...." to "oh, wait it's this guy!!! let's paaarrtyy!!" Mentioning my post count... good reasons, funny reasons, and just being mean reasons for that I guess.. I think.

I'm just saying just because someone particular is talking about a topic doesn't make it less or more irrelevant. I know with certain crowds it's hard to do, because the fans, followers seem like such blind followers that it seems like they don't really know how to challenge their own confirmation biases, and that they aren't starting with you.

IMO if you are going to past all dragon ball fans a certain way, or a video editor and everyone who likes his art to be a certain way.. then you are being stupid.

Those last 3 paragraphs are off topic, but I just am trying to cover what's being thrown at me... forget the post count.. IMO who gives an f... other than I didn't know the statistics... sheesh.. and I've compared my post to other posts on different sites... I had no idea Scintilla... oh shizznet.. so much for not giving a F...

I'll try here... I think it's amazing when any popular band give the hobbie a thumbs up. I connected with Mark Chavez back when MySpace was still a thing, and he was telling me he was thinking it cool that I had interest and had done a fan made video from there band.

This topic, I mean yes it does seem limited on what can really be said here, but some threads that seemed like that have pulled through with some intesting directions thrown in by some posting members.

Just make this as little about me and more about the content.
Last edited by x_rex30 on Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:54 pm

I was just saying, "Hey, we haven't heard from you in a while, welcome back."

I'm sure there are actually good examples of Linkinball Z videos, but I think just as much as their existence is part of AMV history, so too is the general consensus they were bad because there were so many of them. It was a meme for quite a while. Might honestly still be a meme. That's all I was really commenting on.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:19 pm

x_rex30 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:49 pm
It's quite an irrelevant association to the topic of caring who the F made it. This "oh wait, it's this guy...." to "oh, wait it's this guy!!! let's paaarrtyy!!" Mentioning my post count... good reasons, funny reasons, and just being mean reasons for that I guess.. I think.

I'm just saying just because someone particular is talking about a topic doesn't make it less or more irrelevant. I know with certain crowds it's hard to do, because the fans, followers seem like such blind followers that it seems like they don't really know how to challenge their own confirmation biases, and that they aren't starting with you.

IMO if you are going to past all dragon ball fans a certain way, or a video editor and everyone who likes his art to be a certain way.. then you are being stupid.

Those last 3 paragraphs are off topic, but I just am trying to cover what's being thrown at me... forget the post count.. IMO who gives an f... other than I didn't know the statistics... sheesh.. and I've compared my post to other posts on different sites... I had no idea Scintilla... oh shizznet.. so much for not giving a F...
... what are you even saying here? I have absolutely no ill will towards you and I never have. I made one offhanded comment with no malice whatsoever behind it. It was out of a sense of "oh hey I remember you, you used to post here all the time, how did we manage to lose such a consistent member of the community for years?, good to see you're back". Are you saying high post count is considered a negative, or something? Because my intention was just the opposite. If you interpreted my post as pointing and laughing at you, I'm sorry for the confusion.

And when have I ever claimed to "not giv[e] a F" about this site? What was that part all about? 15 years ago, I used to care more about my stats on this site than any sane person probably should (I had the post count page bookmarked from back then). I've never denied that or apologized for it. If anything, I'm proud of all the time and words I spent around here. Are you saying I should be ashamed of that?

I almost never rant around here, but this post really bothered me for some reason.

In any case, I'm afraid I can't really relate to the topic, as I never really saw the flood of Linkin Park videos in the early aughts that everyone always talks about )or heard their music on the radio).
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:01 pm

I see I did say that post count doesn't matter. It use to matter to me a lot more, but these days it is less relevant to me. I am not insulting you other than who cares about it in terms of this topic. And the fourth paragraph on my last post is just making fun of itself because it turned out to be another irrelevant to the topic paragraph.

Kionon, Well thank you for the welcome back! ^_^ I can take shit the wrong way I guess talking to folks online. But also a lot of owning the day here and there, like in popular subreddit forums n shit.

If I am still super confuzzled in my writing, which I sure I am, I'll come back and fix it(Thank you edit tool!!!).... Damn can't think about typing right now..... I have some nice Hot food... and I'm like super hungry like Goku. :lol: OK... done eating... If I am still not making sense right now... let me know and I'll come back to my thread posts... and scoot up to the screen and read carefully

Oh! I finally took a look at the top posters link! Cool! I didn't even know they had it! :beer: :amv: :beer:

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:16 am

It amazes me that they were aware of the AMV phenomenon so early on. Like, there didn't get to be 50,000 Linkinball Z videos before someone told them what was happening; they saw it happen from the beginning. That's such a cool bit of trivia.

*reads thread*

The fuck are you guys arguing about?
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:14 am

Thought I’d share that Mike Shinoda has released an Anime influenced Music Video today. He talked about developing it and showed a preview for it in the first post

Return to “General AMV”