Compiling a knowledge base of "lost" videos

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Re: Compiling a knowledge base of "lost" videos

Post by the Black Monarch » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:41 am

Add the Nuclear Tuxedo Production Team's entire filmography to the list. The Org doesn't even have an entry for their video using clips from The Matrix and the song "What is Love?" by Haddaway. That's another one that I hope to recover from Outhouse.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

magifyre
Org Profile

Post by magifyre » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:58 am

I would also be interested in seeing an archive of old dead AMVs. There are some that I've been trying to find for years and can't seem to locate them anywhere on the internet. One in particular that really gets under my skin is an old One Piece AMV to the song "Reason" by Nami Tamaki. It was called One Piece - Pirate Way, made by someone called Pirat Zorro, and it focused mainly around the Davy Back game, and earlier since it was from around the 2004-2006 timeframe. The artist and creator having names that are main crew members in the series really doesn't make doing google searches any easier either. I was able to find another AMV for One Piece to that song on this site, but it's not the version I'm looking for. If anyone knows where to find this video I will love you long time.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:32 pm

the Black Monarch wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:41 am
Add the Nuclear Tuxedo Production Team's entire filmography to the list. The Org doesn't even have an entry for their video using clips from The Matrix and the song "What is Love?" by Haddaway. That's another one that I hope to recover from Outhouse.
I would recommend reaching out to ngsilver as well. I don't know if he still comes around here but at one time he had hundreds(?) of videos from the Vault on his own personal server. I'm sure he'd be willing to share what he has if he still has it. I would be very interested in anything you have.

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:15 am

CrackTheSky wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:32 pm
I would be very interested in anything you have.
At the moment, what I have is limited to what I've been able to get from extant sources - mostly the Org and Youtube. I need to get a job, buy an AC adapter for an old 120 GB Western Digital external hard drive, and see if said old hard drive still works after 15+ years before I can offer anything rare and lost... unless you want to just buy one and have it sent to my house, in which case I can give you my address via PM.

EDIT: wait, I forgot about the old videos that survived by virtue of being in the "best-of" collection. For example, I still have two of Jet Wolf's old Buffy videos, and the one with Sonic the Hedgehog SatAM and the song "The Flame" by Cheap Trick, and the one with Robocop and "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey, and whatever Evangelion videos date back to that period...

EDIT 2: Yeah, among other things, I still have an Evangelion music video set to Linkin Park's "My December" that isn't available from the Org. I don't know whose it is, only that it's not tompi_boy's and it's not charmandersvg's. And I have the Eva video set to "Crucify" by Tori Amos. But the vast majority of the impossible-to-find shit will be on that hard drive.

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:47 pm

I've been thinking a lot lately about the Eva video set to "Schei Nach Liebe" by Die Arzte. I'm not sure that it would even exist on Outhouse.

FoxJones
The foxiest!
Org Profile

Post by FoxJones » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:01 pm

I have recently digitized some VHS tapes filled with old AMVs, so if some sort of "vault" system will be remade I might have some videos to store. I don't know how "rare" these are since even I got my hands on them back then. I don't even know who and when made all these, but what I have does include material around 1995 or so and at least stuff by Bobby "C-ko" Beaver.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:09 pm

Are they labeled in any way by editor name and/or date?

Return to “General AMV”